see you in a few weeks

work commitments have meant a rushed trip to italy - yes, there are worse things in life - so i'll most likely be off air for a few weeks. it was only confirmed a few days ago so a nightmare of organisation. will try and check in if i can but that would mean a damascus-like revision of my tech abilities. i am hoping for a few days on a mate's boat - purely as a quiet refuge to write - and i think he has all the gizmo's so may be able to reprt from there.

rob will have to make do with smithers for the vids - and if you do gran reserva or behike while away, it will not only mean jam jars on the balcony from now on but unclean ones!

by the time i'm back i expect the skins to have signed every free agent in the league. the glorious reds to be heading back to the top of the table. the gunners to be out of all comps. brown to be annoited australia's greatest ever footballer since the king himself. the broncos to have self destructed. politicians to have done nothing, at least nothing good. etc etc.

so far the trip has not gone smoothly - i'm half way to the airport when i get a call from the taxi company wondering where the hell i am. in one of your taxis?? they sent two and the 2nd bloke not happy.

then in the rush to check in etc, and make certain that the duty free had sufficent zacapa xo, the woman at the stumbling wombat desk forgets to give me my boarding passes. i forget to ask. duty free forgets to ask. immigration forgets to ask - so i'm in the lounge before anyone realises. having a calming bloody mary (or bloody merry, as the local indian curry house insisted it was called).

good luck for the next few weeks

there are things you could not make up. i'm sitting in the qantas business lounge (only because i spend so much time on crappy flights) and watching a bloke with his business class ticket (bastard) on the computer. he is on the virgin site booking tickets!!

Have a great trip Ken.

Where abouts in Italy you heading?

Its a really beautiful place Italy.

Life must be hard resting on a boat, smoking a stogie on lake Como. :)

Safe travels mate.

image.jpg

He hadn't left the country yet and I had three e-mails complaining about Qantas all sent from the Qantas lounge.

Now that he is gone.....I can tell the forum that there is a rumour (pushed by ken....admittedly) of a lovely young lass joining him in Nice on his good friends fully crewed boat (staff of six).

Yes...she has met him previously.

Go you old dog you :2thumbs:

Now that he is gone.....I can tell the forum that there is a rumour (pushed by ken....admittedly) of a lovely young lass joining him in Nice on his good friends fully crewed boat (staff of six).

Sounds about right - Ken goes to Italy while supposed paramour is in France. If we find the boat is docked in Spain, it'll have to all be true.

Go you old dog you :lol:

Outstanding. The hunter-killer sub that is KG has left the dock....

typical lying bastard!!

and you wait till i am out of the country.

except for the odd fact that qantas forgot to give me boarding passes and i forgot to ask and then immigration forgot to ask to see them (good to see australian security at its peak), the stumbling wombat was terrific, to begin with. got to singapore and the delightful lady at the club said, sir perhaps you'd prefer our first class lounge tonight. no idea why. ran into an old mate who turned out to be staying at the same hotel in verona (that would be fleapit central, you'd be better off pitching a tent mid autostrada. these idiots gave me a code to use the internet and it collapsed my entire computer, not terribly happy about that. currently on theirs. they equally happy).

things did go a little down hill when we hit frankfurt and some junior nazi refused to let me into any club so hours on a bench. yet to have a chat about that with qantas. actually ended up drinking rather good german beer at 6am so all not lost.

rest of trip very strange. apparently they thought they were getting a celebrity, god knows why, and refuse to accept that i am not. had to sign bottles for the local prez to open and give speeches, always fun when about no one speaks english. this morning i am off to give a seminar to italian trade on a grape called ripaso or rabaso or something. very rare italian grape i first heard of two days ago. and since then i've tried two. should be interesting. and yes, they don't speak english. i may get away with it unless they send a translator.

as for the boat, i assume you mean my mate's girlfriend. nice way to fiddle with the truth. i could not possibly comment on other attendees. but i am keen to see this boat. apparently a full time chef of amazing ability. just what i need.

and have seen no italian bearded ladies. 4,200 exhibitors here (it is huge) and every one of them has a miss italy contestant to serve wine. never seen anything like it.

have fun and remember, it is only a junket if you are not on it.

He hadn't left the country yet and I had three e-mails complaining about Qantas all sent from the Qantas lounge.

Go you old dog you :thumbsup:

typical lying bastard!!

and you wait till i am out of the country.

except for the odd fact that qantas forgot to give me boarding passes and i forgot to ask and then immigration forgot to ask to see them (good to see australian security at its peak), the stumbling wombat was terrific, to begin with. got to singapore and the delightful lady at the club said, sir perhaps you'd prefer our first class lounge tonight. no idea why. ran into an old mate who turned out to be staying at the same hotel in verona (that would be fleapit central, you'd be better off pitching a tent mid autostrada. these idiots gave me a code to use the internet and it collapsed my entire computer, not terribly happy about that. currently on theirs. they equally happy).

things did go a little down hill when we hit frankfurt and some junior nazi refused to let me into any club so hours on a bench. yet to have a chat about that with qantas. actually ended up drinking rather good german beer at 6am so all not lost.

rest of trip very strange. apparently they thought they were getting a celebrity, god knows why, and refuse to accept that i am not. had to sign bottles for the local prez to open and give speeches, always fun when about no one speaks english. this morning i am off to give a seminar to italian trade on a grape called ripaso or rabaso or something. very rare italian grape i first heard of two days ago. and since then i've tried two. should be interesting. and yes, they don't speak english. i may get away with it unless they send a translator.

as for the boat, i assume you mean my mate's girlfriend. nice way to fiddle with the truth. i could not possibly comment on other attendees. but i am keen to see this boat. apparently a full time chef of amazing ability. just what i need.

and have seen no italian bearded ladies. 4,200 exhibitors here (it is huge) and every one of them has a miss italy contestant to serve wine. never seen anything like it.

have fun and remember, it is only a junket if you are not on it.

:rotfl: :rotfl: