I have a chance to pick up a box of SLR DC from SOL JUL 05, deos anyone have a box of these?Should I pick it up or pass?

Well, it depends on whether you like the SLR DC. Frankly, IMO the early '07s are the best since 2001, but I have a cab from DIC 2005 that aged beautifully. It's not often you can pick up SLR DC's with nearly five years of box age. I'd go for it.

I would definitely ask how they look, smell etc. I have an 05 cab that is to die for. Dark, oily and some of the most pungent cigars I have. I have encountered some tight draws on some, but overall a great box of cigars. If all the qualities you like add up, then get'em.

The site you mentioned is one of the most popular online CC vendor around. Usually, when new guys ask for sources on cA, that's one of the first vendors being shared. Now ask yourself if so many people have seen that cab of SLR DC, why are they still around?

I have a chance to pick up a box of SLR DC from SOL JUL 05, deos anyone have a box of these?Should I pick it up or pass?

i'm with shrink. i've just started a cab from 05 - SOL DIC 05 - and have mentioned them elsewhere. had four so far. one very good, one really good, one that was the best smoke of the year to date and then one that was dead boring, but 3 out of four ain't bad.

don't know anything re whatever vendor although if storage or fake cigars are issues then yes, avoid. but otherwise, hard to see why not.