Question on 10 packs

Question related to 10 packs in general. Do they generally smoke the same as other cabs and dress boxes? I don't want to pay for scrap sticks! Looking at Partagas 898, PSP2, Boli GM, Monte 2, and Mag 50's. All in boxes of 10. How are these '09 smoking? I believe these are coming in boxes and SLB.

There was a discussion on here not that long ago about if there was a difference between the cigars in 25 or 50 boxes. The general consensus was that there was no difference. The cigars are rolled, and sorted by colour into the appropriate number groups. I can't imagine it being any different for 10 packs. If you think about it logically (and that is always a dangerous thing), the 10 packs are often used by people to sample a cigar before committing to a larger purchase. If they were putting their crap into the 10 crap, it would have a potential impact on their sales as a result of people having bad experiences.

I've just got a 10 pack of the Partagas 8-9-8's, and I'm sure it won't be too long before I light one to try and see what all the fuss is about.

Nick.

I have had some great luck with the 10 packs per Rob's suggestion. IMO last year the Party Lusi and the Party Serie P 2 were actually more consistant in 10 packs than in 25. Same goes for Monte #2. I buy 10 packs all the time and would not hesitate.

Maybe this is just semanatics but a "pack" is not the same as a box of ten.

Generally, cardboard packs contain three or five cigars.

A box of ten could be a 3-4-3 box, a small dress box or other types of boxes but not cardboard packs.

As others have noted above, some recent boxes of ten -- like the Party Lusitanias -- have been very good.

Ive had a bunch of 10ers...Monte2,PSP2,898V,Upmann Mag 50,Siglo VI,.....The Mag 50's and the Sig VI's were hit and miss but the others ones have all been nice....Its just luck of the draw....The PSP2's were from 06...they were gone puuurtty quick!!!!!!

I say buy em!!!!!!

I've had good luck with 10's. I like 'em. They allow me to stock more variety in some high-end cigars that I can't afford to smoke often enough to justify putting that much of my budget into 25's or 50's of them all, though I wish I could.

It's also a nice way to get these cigars in-the-round. I like box-pressed for everyday sort of cigars, but I'd prefer something like a Monte #2 round.

Price point for a ten box vs. a full box is slightly higher per cigar. But, a good way to get familiar with the cigar prior to deciding on a box purchase. You should know by the tenth cigar if you like it enough.

Personally, 3 cigars are enough for me to decide. However, price point on buying singles is even higher.

Paper or plastic?

I have a preference for SLB or SBN boxes but not all cigars come in them. There is no difference in the cigars. I have found some sweet deals on cardboard packs, 10x boxes and the like and the value is what has motivated me to buy them. -Piggy

You have good runs of 10's and you have bad runs of 10's. Same for 25's and 50's. Anyone who makes a gospel statement on either one is kidding themselves. Have the vendor check the stock and advise.

You have good runs of 10's and you have bad runs of 10's. Same for 25's and 50's. Anyone who makes a gospel statement on either one is kidding themselves. Have the vendor check the stock and advise.

I knew this guy... great vendor! He stopped drinking, started believing Tabacuba propaganda, found "himself" in some NZ glow worm caves!!! Real ******* scary for a lot of us! Who can you trust anymore??? - :)

Very happy with my 10 box of Lusis from Czar :wub: