What is the worlds best Cigar Divan?

This is for those who have travelled a little but just as much for those who have a singular favourite Cigar Divan/smoke shop where you can rest, relax and light up.

In your opinion what is the best you have visited or enjoy to go to. Why?What indeed makes it so special. If you have a pic or two then feel free to post them.

I've traveled a lot but I've only encountered a few Divan/Smoke Shops where I could relax and smoke there. The best?

For me, it's still Casa Fuente in Las Vegas. Why? Even though it's smack-dab inside a damn mall....it doesn't feel like that. It felt to me like a patio where I could sit back, enjoy a fine smoke, a great drink, and be served by some of the most ridiculously attractive wait staff I've seen in my life.

I've posted this picture before, but this sums it up for me. Clearly in a mall, clearly doesn't even matter to me!

post-5835-1268351761.jpg

I'm the guy in the Black shirt and the SP Sanchos.

The guy on the far left does not get it, but he was the bachelor....he's got worse things on his mind haha!

I wish there were Cigar Lounges in Canada I could enjoy...thanks government!

I too love Casa Fuente in Vegas. Not for the over priced cigars but the atmosphere and mojito's. I will be there tomorrow actually for my bachelor party. Bringing a fair amoint of cubans with us though.

Cigar Divan ?

Cigar Lounge - i have seen quite a number on my travels, but even though it was a local I think Fidel’s at crown (before shutting) set the benchmark in AU since the late 90s. Barranows I think raised the level slightly (but we can no longer smoke there)

Cigar retailer - even though I don’t buy there i have to say Alexander’s Toorak (again a local) but a very nice store aesthetically. for pure nostalgia i love the Davidoff and Fox’s in London.

Fidels at Crown was very very good... Perfect atmosphere for a smoke back when it was open. Great lighting, drinks and massive comfortable leather armchairs.

For Divan/shop I always liked seeing Jimmy in Singapore but I hear he has changed his set-up recently? The old set-up was like a 'man cave' albeit very small in size.

For Divan/shop I always liked seeing Jimmy in Singapore but I hear he has changed his set-up recently? The old set-up was like a 'man cave' albeit very small in size.

I like Jimmy's new set up, just a 30m stroll from his store at the Regent. Great feel.

Visiting the Davidoff in Montreal, Canada was always a special treat. My wife and I used to go to Montreal almost monthly and spend the weekend. This alway included a visit to Davidoff's.

I haven't really had the chance to travel internationally since I started smoking cigars. I really enjoy a visit to the local Merchant (Devlin's).

Knowledgable and polite staff. And they all dress pretty sharp too. :cigar:

There's quite a few Cigar Divans I'd love to visit, Jimmy's, The CA Lounge etc. but not ultra fussed.

Would really love to experience a vintage dealer in Hong Kong!

I've had limited experience visiting cigar establishments abroad, but I have to say that PGC Hajenius in Amsterdam is a pretty darn nice place to be.

I agree. P.G.C. Hajenius should be on any list of good lounges/shops around the world.

I always enjoyed the Davidoff Shop at Columbus Circle in NYC. Small but comfortable lounge and the staff was both friendly and knowledgeable. Now, as I understand it, however, you can only smoke there what you buy there. Very limiting but I think other shops are adopting that approach.

Conde de Villanueva in Havana is really my Fav in Cuba for it's relaxing atmosphere.

PGC Hajenius in Amsterdam is simply just beautiful with its old Dutch decor building and

Fantastic service plus all you could dream of in accessories for cigar and pipe smokers.

But I do have a neat spot here in the south of France and only a 15 min drive from

my home. It's called "Calle Ocho" and in the city of NIMES. It's not a Divan nor do

they sell any cigars but you can bring your own and spend a great night having drinks,

( they have a great Mojitos) and smoke your favorite cigar with friends. During the Nimes

FERIA , it's packed with people, music, drinks and great atmosphere. :P

Here is a pic. from their site.

post-3705-1268394867.jpg

I like Jimmy's new set up, just a 30m stroll from his store at the Regent. Great feel.

Yeah, I have been hearing amazing things about the new digs; individual smoking rooms, separate buildings etc etc... Cant wait to check it out!

Yeah, I have been hearing amazing things about the new digs; individual smoking rooms, separate buildings etc etc... Cant wait to check it out!

are you guys referring to the room that's just around the corner from the Regent? a 30 second walk down that alley? I was just there a few months ago, nice lineup of Macallan scotch as well.

While Casa Fuente is nice, it can't compare to the many other cigar divans around the world.

The Corona Cigar Shop in Orlando Florida is probably the best one I've ever seen. Huge cigar shop (no cubans, of course) and a bar capable of seating 40-50 people staffed with beautiful waitresses serving high end rum and scotch to contented cigar lovers lounging in comfortable wooden rocking chairs. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon on break from a trade show or convention. In fact, I'll be there next week!

are you guys referring to the room that's just around the corner from the Regent? a 30 second walk down that alley? I was just there a few months ago, nice lineup of Macallan scotch as well.

That's the one :)

Not the best, but certainly an interesting place.

Inside the Sheraton Addis Ababa, there's a vip room with live jazz, great drinks, and a one way wall size mirror/window looking down onto the Nightclub adjacent.

Service have always been excellent and the people are warm and friendly. Sprinkle with some eye-candy and it makes a great place to relax.

post-4641-1268495647.jpg

post-4641-1268495706.jpg

The Corona Cigar Shop in Orlando Florida is probably the best one I've ever seen. Huge cigar shop (no cubans, of course) and a bar capable of seating 40-50 people staffed with beautiful waitresses serving high end rum and scotch to contented cigar lovers lounging in comfortable wooden rocking chairs. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon on break from a trade show or convention. In fact, I'll be there next week!

I agree. I live in Orlando and go there all the time. There are actually 3 locations but the one in Downtown Orlando is the best as they are the ones with a full liquor bar. The other two are just beer and wine.

Yep,

this is looking down to the alley with the private cigar divans from the corner of the Regent Hotel where the shop is located.

post-4742-1268501612.jpg

Superb selection of Malt & cigars by Jimmy. Great service too.

post-4742-1268501593.jpg

post-4742-1268501624.jpg

Nino

post-4742-1268501643.jpg

post-4742-1268501656.jpg