Partagas Serie D Especial 2010

LiLo

Today i Got to Smoke one of this years much anticipated EL's. I smoked the Partagas Serie D Especial. Partagas being my favorite of all the cuban brands i couldn't wait to dive into this cigar. Here goes...

Pre light

The stick is very soft to the touch. Maybe a touch under filled but nothing too drastic. The construction is a bit spotty. There are a couple large veins and quite a few glue marks. The red partagas Serie band is beautiful as ever but with the extra " Especial" Lettering on it. Pre light aroma is a very faint tobacco scent with a touch of the tell tale barnyard smell. Pre light draw is very loose and i got Sweet tobacco and hint of chocolate.

1/3

At the opening i was hit with a serie D #4 kind of wood,cream and spice. Very smooth though, not harsh at all. This flavor combination continues throughout the first third.

2/3

In the second third i was still getting wood and cream but the spice had died down considerably.I got a touch of pepper on the back of my throat during the finish which i should add was quite short but nice. The one thing that stood out was the smoothness though. Very smooth for such a young cigar that was rolled probably 2 months ago. The burn was a bit shabby but that is to be expected with such a young cigar i suppose.

3/3

This is where the cigar really shined for me. Along with the constant wood and cream i also got hit with some Chocolate notes along with some Nutty flavors. Wood, cream, chocolate and nuts along with the smooth finish made this a really complex smoke towards the end.

Overall

I liked this smoke a lot. It reminded me of a serie D #4 but with a few more tricks up it's sleeve in the last third. I was also very impressed by it's smooth flavors. I will definitely be buying a box of these. I will be trying out the Monte 2010 El soon and i can only hope it's as good as this.

Final Score 91

post-6043-1268348406.jpg

post-6043-1268348459.jpg

post-6043-1268348490.jpg

post-6043-1268348519.jpg

post-6043-1268348548.jpg

post-6043-1268348577.jpg

post-6043-1268348609.jpg

Thanks for the review, gives me a nice idea of this new 2010 special for Partagas. I will have to try one because it sounds and looks very nice- although I have never been way into the limited releases, I give a few per year a chance.

When exactly do these start coming out and sell more frequently?

Thanks for the review, gives me a nice idea of this new 2010 special for Partagas. I will have to try one because it sounds and looks very nice- although I have never been way into the limited releases, I give a few per year a chance.

When exactly do these start coming out and sell more frequently?

I have heard they will be out around the beginning of june. That could change though.

Monte 2010 are a nice smoke but can taste how juvenille they are. First 2/3rds are outstanding, last third very junior .... not sure they match the sublimes.

Thanks for the review. Excited to try the 2010 ELs. Two of my favorite marcas...the Montes and Partys...

I have heard they will be out around the beginning of june. That could change though.

Okay cool- hopefully I will be able to get my hands on some. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey mate had one of these two nights ago. I also noticed the black pepper in the second third but I also picked up a rich earthy flavour across the second and last third. No cream or nuts on my palate but a nice cigar regardless. Keen to re-visit in a year or so.

Tried one a couple of days ago from the box I got TUG ABR10. After all the complaints about under filled Monte Sublimes I decided to weigh them, most were a little over 14gr with the heaviest 16.3gr and the lightest 11.6gr. So I smoked the lightweight, figured I'd a least get a read on the flavor profile.

This is a nice cigar. Opened with light cocoa,then the pepper showed up and some walnut skin flavor towards the end.

Is it worth the money, HELL NO.

I could have a box of D #4 for the same price.

I think this cigar is as good as it's going to be, no aging potential here. No power or strength that says this cigar needs time to mellow and improve. If you want a very nice cigar to smoke now try one, but I hope they sit on the shelves until the price drops in half.

post-5656-1280595208.jpg

Tried one a couple of days ago from the box I got TUG ABR10. After all the complaints about under filled Monte Sublimes I decided to weigh them, most were a little over 14gr with the heaviest 16.3gr and the lightest 11.6gr. So I smoked the lightweight, figured I'd a least get a read on the flavor profile.

This is a nice cigar. Opened with light cocoa,then the pepper showed up and some walnut skin flavor towards the end.

Is it worth the money, HELL NO.

I could have a box of D #4 for the same price.

I think this cigar is as good as it's going to be, no aging potential here. No power or strength that says this cigar needs time to mellow and improve. If you want a very nice cigar to smoke now try one, but I hope they sit on the shelves until the price drops in half.

Good advice ;o)