Classic Flavours Poll (Part 4) - H. Upmann

H. Upmann Classic Flavours  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This week's marca for flavour profiling is H. Upmann.

Would love to see some more votes this week, as we were down from 37 to 23 last week. The more votes, the more representative the poll!

Last week's Por Larrañaga results can be found here:-

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=123302&p=609324

Dig 'em out and fire 'em up!

Iain

I think there will be more votes for H.Upmann as this is a popular marca. I remember that this marca was voted No.1 as the Cuban Cigar that is most common in FoH members' humidors recently (this year). I also see a range of choices early on in voting.

I find that H.Upmann can have a variety of flavours, some more dominant that others depending on the cigar. Hay (or Grass/Barnyard), Leather, Cream, Coffee, Cocoa, White Pepper, hints of vanilla and shortbread too (did I mention slight notes of wood flavours also?) at times...it's all there.

• Like 1

While I love my Sir Winstons, the rest of the H Upmann marca always seems like an imperfect fit to my, exquisitely refined, palate :P Seriously though, you'd have to pry the Sir Winnie out of my cold, dead hands, whereas a Conni A or Mag 50 I will willingly hand over. Not that I don't appreciate them, in fact I have this odd experience of taking a puff on a Conni and the thought coming into my head of, "Wow, so-and-so would really love this one!" Followed immediately by, "Let me see what else I've got in the case . . . "

So, not a complaint or rant in anyway about the marca. And I do keep trying to love it. But I'm a bit bemused by how much I love one of its sticks and not so much the others.

• Like 1

Upmann is a true Tobacco Lovers marque. To me, more than any other marque, Upmann dances around a core flavor of high quality tobacco and doesn't seem to deviate away from the core tobacco flavors as much as other marques do. Musty, old antique black tobacco flavor is what jumps in my head when I think Upmann. It is my favorite line of cigars and is what I stick to in my purchases these days, preferably the no.2 and the HUPC.

• Like 1

Planning on smoking an H. Upmann this weekend?

Fill out the poll above and let us know what you're tasting!

Got a little camping this weekend with the boys and am bringing a selection of Sir Winstons, and a Cab of Epi 2's (big dinner on Friday night). The rest will be Punch DC and Punch Punch . . . :cigar:

• Like 1

I've been working on a box of Connie 1's PLM MAY11 that is smoking beautifully. They are ready and I'm smoking them up. Beautiful draw, burn and mellow sweet tobacco, leather and cream. Just stellar!

• Like 1

I've already voted but I'm writing to encourage this great topic that ayepatz has started. If you haven't voted yet, get on and do so. Have no fear, your categorisation of cigars based on taste is personal and subjective. The more votes we get, the better the final results will be.

• Like 1

I've already voted but I'm writing to encourage this great topic that ayepatz has started. If you haven't voted yet, get on and do so. Have no fear, your categorisation of cigars based on taste is personal and subjective. The more votes we get, the better the final results will be.

Thanks for the support!

• Like 1

So, ended up not bringing the Punch DC, and instead brought a modest survey of corona gordas: Punch Punch, Epi 1, Siglo IV, RA Superiores, and Mag 46. All sticks were well regarded, but in the end everyone wanted more of the Siglo IV or the Punch Punch. :cigar:

• Like 1

So, ended up not bringing the Punch DC, and instead brought a modest survey of corona gordas: Punch Punch, Epi 1, Siglo IV, RA Superiores, and Mag 46. All sticks were well regarded, but in the end everyone wanted more of the Siglo IV or the Punch Punch. :cigar:

I'm not surprised. I would have probably gone for the same...especially the Siglo IV as a quality stick of this marca is harder to find lately!

• Like 1

Left this one open a bit longer in the hope of more people voting. If there's a friendly mod following these polls, I think we'd get more people voting if they were pinned (hint, nudge, wink, outright bribery if necessary).

This week's results are based on 28 voters. Enjoy!

post-19958-0-47324100-1436268975_thumb.j

• Like 2

101% - wow, that's rich! =D

Blame Apple - it's automatically calculated! (Will try and figure it out. Thanks for the heads up!)

*update* You appear to have found a bug in Apple's Numbers iPad app. It rounds up to 101 in whole numbers! Adding a decimal place seems to resolve it.

Thanks for being on the ball, phreedh!

Better check all the others now....

• Like 1