Brussels and Paris cigar shop

I will off to Brussels and Paris next month, I think about plan to explore cigar shop there to find ER cigar like Bolivar Poderosos in Belgium and Quai d'Orsay Robusto Embajador in Paris. Please suggest or updated availability of this cigar there.

I also wonder does La Cave A Cigare at CDG terminal 2E has any of ER Francia or not? How about cigar price there, any different from downtown Paris' s shop?

In Brussels you've got to go see Phillipe at Le Roi du Cigares on 25 rue Royale by the entrance to la Colonne du Congrès and le Parc Royal. Very nice shop and humidor, selection and staff. After, find a nice sidewalk cafe, order a Trappist Dubbel and light up!

Make sure you get some Moules Frites while you're in town.

In Paris I'd suggest to drop by Boutique 22 at Avenue Victor Hugo, 22. While this shop does not have a smoking area it is a very classy shop and does have a wide selection of fine smokes and accessories. A plus is that just around the corner from the shop and about a block from the Arc d'Triomphe is the Mojito Habana Club, a lovely place to spend the afternoon with a smoke and drink.

I've heard A La CIvette at 157, rue Saint Honoré is one of the top shops but I've not had the pleasure. Perhaps smallclub or laficion can weigh in on this.

• Like 1

Just got back from Nice / Aix Provence and yes there is a cigar shop at terminal 2. The whole terminal has

been re-done very enjoyable while waiting for my plane. I did not see any RE's at the airport but I

was not really looking either. They had the whole siglo line and other 3 major brands. Bought a couple

of three to a pack Hoyo's. and some signal cohibas that where petty good as far as airport smokes

are concerned.

I've heard A La CIvette at 157, rue Saint Honoré is one of the top shops but I've not had the pleasure. Perhaps smallclub or laficion can weigh in on this.

A La Civette is hands down the best shop in Paris. I was there last summer and found some very nice Quai d'Orsay Gran Coronas. CDG airport had less of a selection but did have regional's and were cheaper than at La Civette.

"A La Civette" Is a very nice shop, Ive been there quiet a few times, and It Is always a real pleasure. Go for It bro..

A La Civette is hands down the best shop in Paris.

I disagree 100%. The people there have a very superficial knowledge, and they always try to promote NCs like Davidoffs, etc. with customers who are not too confident. I hate to see this.

The best cigar shops in Paris are

Le Lotus (4, rue de l'Arcade, in the 8th arrondissement, "Madeleine" area)

and

"Art Tabac", 2 Place de Catalogne, in the 14th arrondissement, Montparnasse area. There is a fumoir there! (the only one in a shop in Paris)

• Like 2

My hotel in Brussels is next to a Grand Palace, so I will have chance to visit both Le Roi Du ans La Tete d'Or,

I also lucky again in Paris as my friend reserve hotel in Madeleine area. Hope to buy Quai d'Orsay gran corona and Robusto Embajador so much.!!

Seem like I don't need to buy from CDG shop anymore if Paris has such a very good shop like Smallclub said.

A La Civette is hands down the best shop in Paris. I was there last summer and found some very nice Quai d'Orsay Gran Coronas. CDG airport had less of a selection but did have regional's and were cheaper than at La Civette.

X2. La Civette has better selection and more aged stock (especially on Cohibas). CDGs prices are cheaper, but still relatively high.

"Aged stock" in France has no official existence. It's just a luck of the draw. With a margin of about 8%, no tobacconist in France can afford to age cigars. When a shop has an aged box, it's because it randomly got it from the distributor…

I did not find La Civette until later in the week when I was there and found wonderful cigars. Cannot remember the store names or locations but spent plenty of Euros, so must have been pretty good.

"Aged stock" in France has no official existence. It's just a luck of the draw. With a margin of about 8%, no tobacconist in France can afford to age cigars. When a shop has an aged box, it's because it randomly got it from the distributor…

I was at A La Civette in 2009 and they had esplendidos with the old pre-2003 band and I was there in 2012 and there were aged QDO GC, Siglo V/IV with old bands, 1998 Boli CG, 1999 Inmensas. They also had quite a few backlogged French REs and LEs.

I was at A La Civette in 2009 and they had esplendidos with the old pre-2003 band and I was there in 2012 and there were aged QDO GC, Siglo V/IV with old bands, 1998 Boli CG, 1999 Inmensas. They also had quite a few backlogged French REs and LEs.

I can guarantee you these boxes were not kept by the shop with the purpose of having some nice aged stock for their customers 15 years later.

btw boxes from 98 are not rare in France.

Visited a la civette about two months ago, they had Qdo GC as singles, did not see a whole box.

Skickat från min Nexus 4 via Tapatalk

The only had singles on display when I visited also but I asked for the full boxes that are kept in the back.

I disagree 100%. The people there have a very superficial knowledge, and they always try to promote NCs like Davidoffs, etc. with customers who are not too confident. I hate to see this.

I must have been there on a good day then as I found the person that helped me out to be very knowledgeable and helpful and even opened up some full boxes for me prior to buying.

• 4 weeks later...

Visited Le Lotus during the Eastern weekend.

Spend some time with Colinet. He is very patient and know his stuff.

Picked up some Sir Winston, SLR Churchill, JL S1, Trinidad Fundadores (all 2000 or 2001).

Many thanks SmallClub for the hint.