Need advice on small RyJs....

About a year ago I started enjoying the RyJ marca. I fell in love with a couple of boxes Cazadores and got an HQ box of Exhibicion No. 4s from Rob, which are superb. I'm typically a PC smoker, so I was thinking about picking up some shorter/smaller RyJs to add to my rotation but I don't really know where to start.

Anyone have some recommendations on small RyJs that I could enjoy?

thanks!

PC's.

Rob picked me a HQ box of RyJ PC's last year, nice thin wrapper, with a dark red hue to them. Simply amazing probably the best box of PC's I've had, and like you I'm very found of PC's. They had about 18 months on them and started out quite strong, rough or mongrel as some would say.. nothing too special but within a few months they completely transformed into extremely creamy smokes, with that cherry flavour you hear people talk about with RyJ, and instead of a spice it was a fizziness... like a can of Dr Pepper. (no I wasn't drinking Dr. Pepper when I smoked them lol) IMO very unique compared to other Cubans.

Every time someone brings up RyJ I'm always reminded how I REALLY need to get another box of these.

PC's.

Rob picked me a HQ box of RyJ PC's last year, nice thin wrapper, with a dark red hue to them. Simply amazing probably the best box of PC's I've had, and like you I'm very found of PC's. They had about 18 months on them and started out quite strong, rough or mongrel as some would say.. nothing too special but within a few months they completely transformed into extremely creamy smokes, with that cherry flavour you hear people talk about with RyJ, and instead of a spice it was a fizziness... like a can of Dr Pepper. (no I wasn't drinking Dr. Pepper when I smoked them lol) IMO very unique compared to other Cubans.

Blake - Romeo's Ex no3 has that cherry (I call it bubble gum) flavor that just makes me want to smoke them one after another. I'm not real good at labeling flavors, but I sure know they are there. The Romeo is one I look forward too.

Don't bother with the 5-pack tinned julieta (petit julieta?) thing either.

The petit julieta is an entreactos, like the ERDM demi tasse. The julieta is the crappy panatela assumed to target female customers thinking.gif ; it's so bad that the Spanish tobacconists store them with the cigarettes rather than in the humidor…

You can't go wrong with the Romeo No.2 A/T either. PC size, true to the marca, cheap, not very complex nor rich, but solid.

Romeo #2 tubo.

very VERY true. these little tubes are the best thing at any age. i've had them from 0 - 2 years of age and they seem to just not have a green period. unlike the other mass produced sticks, these don't seem to have inconsistencies in them which is amazing. cheap, and very VERY cheerful.

Also, a good aged petit julieta is AMAZING. here's a picture to prove it:

post-19800-0-70595000-1394250334_thumb.j

The petit julieta is an entreactos, like the ERDM demi tasse. The julieta is the crappy panatela assumed to target female customers thinking.gif ; it's so bad that the Spanish tobacconists store them with the cigarettes rather than in the humidor…

Id like to disagree on one point concerning the tinned cigars for the ladies. In 2011, first release, they rolled them with MLO codes, and they were excellent (ps they were rolling romeo tubo 3s maybe even 2s there also). Second run in 2012 was "TUO," among others, utter crap.

Romeo y Julieta Julieta Julieta No.6 33 x 120 (4.7") Small Panetela

images%5CRomeo_y_Julieta_Julieta_cigar_full_4.jpg

images%5CRomeo_y_Julieta_Julieta_band_full_1.jpg

Julieta band Cigars: Handmade. Bands: Special Julieta band. Packaging: Aluminium Pack of 5 cigars. Status: A 2010 release. Current. Was not available until mid-2011.

This is the julieta, the petit julietas has the regular band and is an Entreactos, that is good from my experience. The above non-airtight things are very, very harsh from my examples. Luckily for us they will be coming in dress boxes of 25 as well as the tins as of end of 2014 pod.gif

• 1 month later...

I concur. Just had one that was at least 10 years old, maybe older (not sure), and it was fan-effing-tastic.

--Tom

very VERY true. these little tubes are the best thing at any age. i've had them from 0 - 2 years of age and they seem to just not have a green period. unlike the other mass produced sticks, these don't seem to have inconsistencies in them which is amazing. cheap, and very VERY cheerful.

Also, a good aged petit julieta is AMAZING. here's a picture to prove it: