Warehouse Review

Arrived back yesterday evening adter a few days poking around.

It is not really a difficult job.....you start at Bolivar and finish at Vegas Robaina :cofcig:

Overall this month I was disappointed. Don't get me wrong I selected just short of 10,000 cigars for the PSP/HQ/PE program (July) but it was the toughest month to do so this year. There are still plenty of mediocre cigars being made.

My Hot 10

1. PL Encantos (PSP/HQ)

2. LGC inmensos (PSP/HQ)

3. Punch DC Cabs (PSP/HQ)

4. PLPC cabs (PSP)

5. Upmann connie 1's (all high end PE but tasty as hell).

6. Upmann Mag 46 (PSP/HQ) Just brilliant.

7. Partagas Serie D 4 (PE/HQ) in fishing terms..."Their on".

8. SLR Regio (PE/HQ) great to see this quality and flavour.

9. Bolivar Corona Extra

10. Bolivar Royal Corona

The crap

1. VR Famosos (disaster)

2. RASS (none....seriously HSA pull your finger out).

3. Partagas 898V (Ugly as sin. Taste is good.....but why scrw up a great cigar with that wrapper?)

4. Monte 5 (is anyone trying?).

5. Trinidad Fundadores (does anyone care?)

6. Sancho Panza (all) (just delete the Marque if you are going to continue to dish out this rubbish)

7. Partagas Salomones. (Should be one of the greats.....instead it is a joke)

8. Cuaba (Not one box met the standards of the program. Enough said)

9. Partagas Presidentes (So green they looked as if they were still on the plant).

10. Trinidad Short Robusto (One of the great HSA marketing blunders of the decade....and that is saying something!).

Had a great dinner with Elie, Riad and Rob on Wednesday night. Fantastic food, wines, cigars, company. Thank you gents!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very happy to see The PSD4 in the hot 10! I just ordered a box :cofcig:

A big +1 to that. Now I'm bummed that only ten of the psd4 are mine.:'(

Thank you for the report El Prez, and welcome back. I always look forward to reading them. I'm ready to snag a cracker box of D4's and BRC's :cofcig:

I'm working on a box of BRC from May '10 and they're B E A utiful!! :-)))

Thanks for the report Rob!

Question: Are there anything from Rafael Gonzales at the warehouse? Havent seen cigars from this marca in quite some time now... :cofcig:

some nice RGCE and PC.

How are Monte 3 and R&J Short Churchills doing? Still crap?

Struggled yet again with the M3. R&J SC 25's are so far away from what they were at their release. Joke currently. Some PE boxes of each but nothing better.

Warehouse is where we separate FOH stock and wholesale stock. Do it monthly.

We move into a new facility October. Looking forwars to it.

Struggled yet again with the M3. R&J SC 25's are so far away from what they were at their release. Joke currently. Some PE boxes of each but nothing better.

Warehouse is where we separate FOH stock and wholesale stock. Do it monthly.

We move into a new facility October. Looking forwars to it.

Ah thanks :) strange why they would take their feet of the pedal to such an extent with ~3 and the short churchills. Do you find the tubed short churchills to be any different to the dress boxes?

So everything at Czar is PE minimum? I wasn't sure if the PE/HQ/PSP program was just for Live from the Humidor or special requests by members etc

Apologies for all the questions :cofcig:

Ah thanks :) strange why they would take their feet of the pedal to such an extent with ~3 and the short churchills. Do you find the tubed short churchills to be any different to the dress boxes?

So everything at Czar is PE minimum? I wasn't sure if the PE/HQ/PSP program was just for Live from the Humidor or special requests by members etc

Apologies for all the questions :cofcig:

I'm kind of wondering the same thing, so from how i see it is that you seperate the pe-hq-psp and sell it to us via the forum and the wholesale stock thats for czar?

I'm kind of wondering the same thing, so from how i see it is that you seperate the pe-hq-psp and sell it to us via the forum and the wholesale stock thats for czar?

If you ask Ken that question he will tell you that is the stuff that Rob gives to him.

Thanks for the update Rob. Welcome back. I am sorry to hear that about the 898's....they are one of my favorites right now. I have a VR Familiar last month that was stellar. I am looking for a box or two this year.... do you think there is any hope? Also the Lusi's have been good to great since '08... are you seeing a fall off there? Thanks for the feedback.

Any Mag 46 Cabs of 50 coming over?

Still not up to par with the quality of the 46 in 25's of which I selected plenty of PSP and HQ for the month.

Shopping for cigars is like shopping for fresh fruit and Veg. Get whats great in season.

I'm working on a box of BRC from May '10 and they're B E A utiful!! :-)))

Sounds great, thanks Mike. I'm in my last few sticks from an 08 box. Shocking how good the current cigars are with a year on them.

Rob, the interesting thing I note is that the none/any of the Cohiba vitolas seem to fall in the high or low range, is that to say they are falling between or we are just not seeing a lot of product.

Regards

CDNeh

Rob, the interesting thing I note is that the none/any of the Cohiba vitolas seem to fall in the high or low range, is that to say they are falling between or we are just not seeing a lot of product.

Regards

CDNeh

We had a great run of Cohiba Robusto last month. This month not quite to the same quality. Still some HQ boxes but no PSP from memory. Same for Siglo VI.

Some very good Esplendidos. Siglo II were poor. Some good Siglo 1 and Lancero.

There is just too much variance this month to give any one of them a top 10 score.

We have great examples of each (bar the II's). Just not many.

7. Partagas Salomones. (Should be one of the greats.....instead it is a joke)

I have a question on this point. When was the last time you saw good quality Parti Salamones coming out. More specifically, I have an unopened box from Dec 09...were they up to par then? Thanks

Joe