Por larranaga Petit Corona EMA SEP 08

mbrody

I'm guilty. Reading Bart's review after review after review...so here goes. (excuse the picture quality)

This 08 PLPC was gifted from a FOH BOTL. I intend to compare this 08 to my 07's .

This 08' I believe was considered PSP or at the least HQ.

Construction is Flawless. The 08 is a shade or two darker than my 07's.

Aroma at cold is sweet tobacco. Draw is perfection and tastes of medium, rich tobacco.

post-4436-1265423567.jpg

Medium + opening with a blast of sweet leather. This gives way to caramel underpinnings and baker's spice.

The first third develops into a medium bodied smoke with a gingerbread spice on the finish. The sweet snippets of caramel are leaving.

post-4436-1265423980.jpg

During the second third, flavors of sweet caramel are gone and enters a more burnt sugar with cake. Toward tha back third, this now becomes more of a poundcake flavor. Body is still medium and there is still baking spice on the finish (albeit less than the first third).

post-4436-1265424162.jpg

Burnt Sugar returns for the final third along with a little caramel and some light cedar. The body picks up a bit, but not overly so. She goes to rest elegantly...

Overall: 88

Future Potential: 92 I see a real melding of flavors developing with this smoke in 3 years time

• Like 1

The PLPC...what more can I say about my favorite Petit Corona...you just can't go wrong with these...

Really enjoying the PLPC ... bought a few singles from CCzar ... haven't been disappointed.

Still chilly on the deck; I paired it with B&B and dipped the head. Boo-Yah!