Heineken Buys Dos Equis

Pisses me off to no end when I walk into a place and ask what they have on draft and the response is a very exited, "Miller, Miller Light, Bud, Bud Light, Coors, Coors Light, Michelob, Michelob Light, and Heineken. In my mind I'm thinking, "Crap, Crap, Crap, Crap, Crap, Crap, Crap, Crap (it's all the same sh***y beer) and Skunky Crap". My ususal response is, "I think I'll have a water". It's like Heineken was positioned as the "Exotic" beer to unsuspecting Americans. American Craft beer has completely spoiled me. If Heineken was any good they probably wouldn't export it. No more though, the American Craft movement is a freaking unstoppable steamroller. Just look at Jimmy2's response after having a DogFish Head 120 IPA. He's in freaking love.

I for one would like to welcome our new brewery overlords!

Ether..

Pisses me off to no end when I walk into a place and ask what they have on draft and the response is a very exited, "Miller, Miller Light, Bud, Bud Light, Coors, Coors Light, Michelob, Michelob Light, and Heineken. In my mind I'm thinking, "Crap, Crap, Crap, Crap, Crap, Crap, Crap, Crap (it's all the same sh***y beer) and Skunky Crap". My ususal response is, "I think I'll have a water". It's like Heineken was positioned as the "Exotic" beer to unsuspecting Americans. American Craft beer has completely spoiled me. If Heineken was any good they probably wouldn't export it. No more though, the American Craft movement is a freaking unstoppable steamroller. Just look at Jimmy2's response after having a DogFish Head 120 IPA. He's in freaking love.

I for one would like to welcome our new brewery overlords!

Ether..

Yes, Heineken and Stella Artois seem to have garnered an image of quality/fanciness just because they're European. Nobody seems to realize that they're adjunct lagers just like Budweiser, Miller, Pabst Blue Ribbon and Coors.

But I guess I'm spoiled; living in Colorado it's hard to find a place that *doesn't* have craft beers on draft. Even walking into the arcade at the mall you see New Belgium and Left Hand taps sticking up from behind the bar. You have to go to some pretty grungy dive bars to not see craft on tap here.

Went to a little pub tonight that had all crappy american and imported taste alike piss beer and Bass Ale. So I ordered the Bass. Funny I remember a time when I thought Bass was strong. Compared to a DFH 90 minute IPA (my current go-to) it had a bit more hops than american or imported taste alikes but it sure wasnt a bell ringer.. Pleasant though. My my have my tastes changed!