La Gloria Cubana stock

Just an observation really, but for the past couple of years all the LGC I've seen (specifically No. 1's and No. 3's) seem to be from 2000 to 2002. The only vitola that has more current box codes looks to be the Tainos.

Does this mean that there is a warehouse full of stock boxed from 2002 to 2009? Or does this mean that basically HSA have not been making these since 2002? Since these have only just been discontinued, I'm just wondering what kind of backstock remains of these slender beauties... enquiring minds want to know!

What vitolas did you pick up Shrink? I have seen recent Tainos and No.2's, but the No.1's and No.3's all seem to be at least 6 to 7 years old.

There are some plus points to all this aged stock being available of course; these smokes have had a few years to rest and are really on form at the moment. Some No.3's that I have still have some time to go as they still have hints of youth. I certainly hope that the thinner LGC smokes will be around for a while yet...

I do not believe that any of the LGC skinnies - #s 1, 3, and 4 -

have been produced (or boxed) since 2002.

If there were unreleased stocks of later date, HSA would not think of de-listing them.

Yes, they are getting harder to find, even in Cuba.

A year and a half ago, at the Partagas factory store, I was able to find all of two singles of LGC #2 -

no skinnies at all. And these cigars were rolled right upstairs!

The Czar, though, does have some stock of #4 in 25's ('02), and #3 in 10's ('00).

These are great smokes - get 'em while you can!

They make them every so often like the H Upmann SW as demand is not strong like other brands.Over all the Quality is excellant on these cigars when produced in limited numbers.