H Upmann Connoisseur #1

Well, this was an easy one for me. I've smoked from multiple boxes of these and has by far been my most "go to" cigar this year. I believe 2008 has been the year of Upmann and within the line I believe the connie 1 has shined the most. On top of the usual clean tobacco flavors found in the line, this past years Connie 1's have delivered loads of cocoa and chocolate flavors that resonate with my palate. They have been consistently medium to medium full in body and full throttle on the richness factor. I'm convinced that if they slapped a RE band on them they would sell like hotcakes. Each box I have looked at has a sweet barnyard smell with beautiful thin oily medium colorado wrappers... perfect. Out of the 25 or so I have smoked from 4 different codes I haven't had a single one with any burn issues, each has been between 90-93 point smokes with a huge upside. I see all of the 08's Ive smoked developing into classics within 3-5 years. They are so easy to smoke now and are thoroughly enjoyable but those with sufficient stock left in 5 years will be rewarded, and if you run out you can ask me :party:

I'd also like to say that no one is more surprised about this cigar than I am, I've had very average experiences with these from the late 90's as well as 06's. I am also not the biggest fan of the size but ultimately I smoke for flavor and enjoyability and this cigar delivers that.

Great essay! I can't get myself to buy Robusto's simply because I am not so into the size, but I am intrigued by the description and my love for the Mag 46. Perhaps flavor can also get me past the Robusto stigma...Maybe it's time for some singles...

O and MBrody, I know its not a huge difference but the connie 1 is a Hermoso #4, which is a 48 RG. Its definitely easier on the jaw than its brother, the robusto.

I think H. Upmann had a standout year as well, but I preferred the Mag 46 and Sir Winnie in this marca.