Places to smoke? Where have they gone....

Hello Gents!

I am headed out to Washington DC this afternoon, and have been researching places to go have a stick or two. I am actually staying in Vienna VA, which is a little better than most places, seeing as tobacco is still a huge industry in VA. But none the less, I am having a heck of a time finding a decent place to smoke... other than my hotel room (I ALWAYS choose a hotel that has smoking rooms). This just brings up a point. Where have all the places gone to enjoy a good cigar and a cocktail or two?? The laws here in the states are getting a bit ridiculous!

Anti-tobacco lobbyists seem to have the politicians in their pocket, and I am sick and tired of being lumped in with cigarette smokers. Last time I checked, drinking and smoking were completely legal here in the states.

I have probably opened up a huge can of worms, but I am interested to hear what others think or have experienced in other countries. Is the rest of the world just as inhospitable??

W. Curtis Drapers is on 14th Streets and G Streets NW Washington DC. It is a tobacconist where you can smoke and watch tv or whatever they have on.

Shelly's Backroom is a cigar bar/restaurant on F Street NW between 13th and 14th Streets NW. So they are both within walking distance from one another (about a block in a half or two blocks).

Enjoy!