Your Cigar Of The Year ? (and the worst)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best cigar this year?

Opus X 'A'. This was the cigar I smoked to celebrate my divorce. Brilliant pre light draw. Like Swiss chocolate. The occasion probably amped up how good the cigar was, but, I have been yet to top it. Mind you, I havent smoked any really good cigars this year.

Worst? Macanudo Gold series. B L A N D .

Was a gift, and I have one more. Smoked well, good burn and all, but nothing there.

I smoked some killer cigars this year. Smoke of the year and maybe my lifetime was a Partagas 150th Coronas Grandes. Worst Cigar was a rancid 00' Sancho Panza Corona. It's hard to even think about that one it hurt so bad.

Current production shocker was 08' USE MAR Upmann Conny 1. Amazing cigar.

Best of the Year:

Bolivar Especiales No.2 ER Alemania 2009

closely followed by the Diplomaticos No.3

Worst (in terms of greatest dissappointment):

a box of Partagas Serie du Connaisseur No.2 from ´98 (had to toss away about 3/4 with bad draw)

closely followed by Bolivar Coronas Gigantes (single one, no draw at all)

Speedy

Best: Old Lusitania. I have never before experienced an evolution of flavors like that.

Worst: (Tie) 05 Mag 46, tight, bland and flavorless. Can't believe its an Upmann., 08 Cuaba Divinos and I have like 22 of those little turds left to smoke. Ugh.

Surprise: Fonseca No. 1. Not bad.

Best NC: Oliva Serie V Robusto. I like these, and I don't smoke many NC's.

Worst NC:

Best: Old Lusitania. I have never before experienced an evolution of flavors like that.

Worst: (Tie) 05 Mag 46, tight, bland and flavorless. Can't believe its an Upmann., 08 Cuaba Divinos and I have like 22 of those little turds left to smoke. Ugh.

Surprise: Fonseca No. 1. Not bad.

Best NC: Oliva Serie V Robusto. I like these, and I don't smoke many NC's.

Worst NC:

Indian Tabac Superfuerte Churchill. Pitched after 30 seconds. a record.

• 6 months later...

Best so far; '09 Boli RC tubo

Honorable mention; '08 Monte #4

Worst; '08 RG Coronas Extra

NC; I'm only buying ones I know I'll like so...............EO MurcialLago Rothchild and DPG My Father Lancero

Some people talk about dog rockets, this was a canine space shuttle!

haha love it! I'm using that.

Best cigar I've had recently probably a bolivar CE. worst was a dip 2 which doesnt it wouldnt even produce smoke or flavour wise a magnum 50, total mutt satellite (thats poor by me lol).

Best CC: Punch Royal Seleccion No. 12 from 07. Couldn't believe the full bodied flavors this thing delivered. Intense and rich yet balanced.

Worst CC: Romeo y Julieta Short Churchill from 08. Sometimes you just get a bad one. It tasted like potpourri the entire way through.

Best NC: Padilla 1932 Churchill. Complex, Balanced, and satisfying.

Worst NC: Casa Magna Robusto. I think they've ramped up production to match the demand. Tasted like cow manure.

Honorable Mentions: DC: Arturo Fuente Hemingway Classic. Probably my favorite cigar outside of Cuba.