Bolivar Band

BossHogg

I recently read an article which said if your Bolivar band under the words habana was not a robust "Red" than it was a fake. I checked a box of my BRC's and to my surprise they are more of a brown color. Are these fakes? Anyone else ever heard this? I will try to put pics up soon.

Thanks.

I recently read an article which said if your Bolivar band under the words habana was not a robust "Red" than it was a fake. I checked a box of my BRC's and to my surprise they are more of a brown color. Are these fakes? Anyone else ever heard this? I will try to put pics up soon.

Thanks.

I dont think this is correct. Knowing the quality of printers that are available in a 3rd world country I doubt they will be able to get the red perfect everytime.

Print Press is a complex mechanism especially offset printing and if the print run is huge you will find substantial differnce between the first label that was printed and the last one, it's like they were printed by two different printers.

x3 on this. Being the son of a printer...maalouly is 100% correct regarding offset printing. I can't imagine the quality controls in Cuba are strict enough to make this happen...

the code looks perfect... font, size, factory corresponding with the date. As for the bands and other details, I dont pay much attention and others could advise you more correctly.

Thank you all for your comments. Can anyone comment on the finger notch? Is a 45 degree cut normal on the cab of 50 vs. a rounded cut?

Thanks.

You see both these days mate. Nothing to concern yourself about.