2nd ammendment discussion anyone?

Why so many guns? Who needs it? I think it was a Japanese general who once said that invading the US would be an impossible task as there would be "a rifle under every blade of grass"! Perhaps that is the rationale of the second ammendment? Protection from invasion?

It's important to keep in mind that most of the shootings are done by illegal gun owners. Bums that need to be off the street for a variety of reasons. I see no connection whatsoever between the right to legally posess a gun and criminals shooting people.

America was established with the people, the citizens, in mind, and the 2nd amendment was necessary. The people of America were given the right to overthrough their government, should it be needed. Therefore every American needed a gun just in case... And now thanks to the Mr. Heston and the NRA, we are still allowed guns, which is fine with me. I think that the crime rate here has to do with education, not gun safety, but good ol fashioned book smarts. And probably strickter gun regulations. Then again, sometimes a homie just need his smack...

I would love political duscussions on FOH but it won't happen until the concept of open debate on issues without personal attack.....is universely adopted.

I try a political post every 6 months or so. Smithy and I take a bet to see how long they last. I can't remember any lasting a day .....quite sad really :lol:

I've never seen a political debate--from the middle school level to major national events--that was able to keep personal 'attacks' out of the discourse--despite stating that it wasn't allowed before the event began. This will not be the first forum to succeed with it, I'm sure. It is an extremely emotional experience and takes on a life of its own. Personally, I am not a bit afraid or put off by it and I would let it go where it goes as long as it stays just emotional and we avoid abusive language and over-the-top, defamatory accusations. Since most of us don't know each other on a personal basis, any benign personal accusation is relatively meaningless in any case and I'm sure we have thick enough skin to take simple political jabbing.

Having said that, the cigar chat is far more fun and interesting. There are 7 billion political blogs and chat forums out there but precious few great cigar discussions like we are lucky enough to have here.

America was established with the people, the citizens, in mind, and the 2nd amendment was necessary. The people of America were given the right to overthrough their government, should it be needed. Therefore every American needed a gun just in case... And now thanks to the Mr. Heston and the NRA, we are still allowed guns, which is fine with me. I think that the crime rate here has to do with education, not gun safety, but good ol fashioned book smarts. And probably strickter gun regulations. Then again, sometimes a homie just need his smack...

...or just a bunch of kids shooting up the high schools.