Hello from California

micahzeff

Hello All,

My name is Micah and I feel fortunate to have found this forum. The collective knowledge contained here is astounding. I am still relatively new to cuban cigars and look forward to picking your brains.

I have a small 30ct humidor that has served me well for almost 2 years now. Before I invest in some of the lovely cigars I have seen posted here, I want to purchase a higher capacity humidor that I can count on. Any suggestions? I appreciate your help and any advice you might have to offer. Thanks in advance.

Micah

Welcome to FOH.

Without knowing your home climate conditions or what you might be thinking as to humidors, my personal suggestion would be a cooler

(igloo, coleman, etc). They are not the most elegant solution, but they are extremely functional, very good at maintaining climate, and

require very little in the way of set up and maintenance.

Definitly if you're on a budget get a igloo type cooler and some 65% humidity beads. I have a 100Qt cooler and it's nearly full. Welcome to the poorhouse! :-D

Thank you all for your suggestions. I am definitely going to buy a cooler right away. I'm not sure how thrilled my wife will be to have a cooler stashed in the house.

We keep the thermostat set at 78 degrees F during the hot summer here, is that a potential problem?

Also, does anyone have experience with any of the humidor vendors that come up on a google search? I'm hesitant to trust a company that advertises itself as cheap.

Thanks again.

Welcome to FOH. I think Colt is right on the Cooler. It is the easiest way to go. Definitely get one that is bigger than you think you well need. You'll be surprised at how fast it fills up if you're buying boxes. 78 degrees is a bit on the warm side, you might want to store your cooler on a lower floor or preferably int he basement. Beads, beads and more beads. You're going to need several pounds of them. Probably your best bet in terms of a humidification system. Humidors are also nice to store your singles...there are many retailers out there...I use Cheap Humidors. You're not going to get an Elie Bleu, but you are saving a whole hell of a lot of money that is better spent on cigars...Good luck.