Odd Tennis Trivia

1. Longest match completed in a single day?
  2. Longest rally in tennis?
  3. Time it took?

take a guess without google and i'll post the answers shortly.

I know the latest Davis Cup game between Croatia and Czech went for 6 hours and had the highest amount of Aces ever recorded 77 to the Croatian player alone

I know there was a recent rally that went for about 5 minutes? not sure I need google :angry:

I know the latest Davis Cup game between Croatia and Czech went for 6 hours and had the highest amount of Aces ever recorded 77 to the Croatian player alone

I know there was a recent rally that went for about 5 minutes? not sure I need google :angry:

thank god you are good at selling cigars.

thank god you are good at selling cigars.

biting the hand that feeds you perhaps? A lifetime of plugged honduran smokes awaits....

:angry:

for the rally, do you mean in a proper match or as a world record attempt? In a match....maybe 90 seconds? For a world record...probably something ridiculous like 2 days or something.

biting the hand that feeds you perhaps? A lifetime of plugged honduran smokes awaits....

:lol:

for the rally, do you mean in a proper match or as a world record attempt? In a match....maybe 90 seconds? For a world record...probably something ridiculous like 2 days or something.

in a match. and 90 seconds falls well short.

in a match. and 90 seconds falls well short.

....over a minute rally is a long time....I'd still guess about 2min max...but am assuming it's going to be something ridiculous like 7-8 minutes. At which point I'd assume it wasn't a proper pro match?

1. Longest match completed in a single day?

1. Longest rally in tennis?
  2. Time it took?

1. Vicki Nelson and Jean Hepner in a Virginia Slims game in 1984 in Virginia. 6 hours 31 minutes (a French Open game went two minutes longer but was held over to the next day). What is most extraordinary is that this was not a five set match between men. Rather a match between women, and even more so, only a two set game. So these two sets between women – 6-4, 7-6 – took longer than any five set game between guys.
  2. 643 shots. Won by Nelson.
  3. 29 minutes.

What is even more extraordianry is that had Hepner won the point, the match would have gone to a third set.

1. Vicki Nelson and Jean Hepner in a Virginia Slims game in 1984 in Virginia. 6 hours 31 minutes (a French Open game went two minutes longer but was held over to the next day). What is most extraordinary is that this was not a five set match between men. Rather a match between women, and even more so, only a two set game. So these two sets between women – 6-4, 7-6 – took longer than any five set game between guys.
  2. 643 shots. Won by Nelson.
  3. 29 minutes.

What is even more extraordianry is that had Hepner won the point, the match would have gone to a third set.

You sure about that Ken? According to Google, the longest match was between Fabrice Santoro and Arnaud Clement at the 2004 French Open (6–4, 6–3, 6–7(5), 3–6, 16–14), went for 6hrs and 33min.

You sure about that Ken? According to Google, the longest match was between Fabrice Santoro and Arnaud Clement at the 2004 French Open (6–4, 6–3, 6–7(5), 3–6, 16–14), went for 6hrs and 33min.

yes, but that is the game that went over two days. light or rain or something caused the postponement over night.

but extraordinary, whichever way one looks at it, to think that this was a five set game as compared with a two set game.