venice

seems i may have to dash across to venice and surrounds for a few days in a week or so (it is only a junket if you are not on it).

not sure how much time, if any, but wondering if anyone has any thoughts on places to visit, restaurants, cigar friendly places etc? been two decades since i was there.

seems i may have to dash across to venice and surrounds for a few days in a week or so (it is only a junket if you are not on it).

not sure how much time, if any, but wondering if anyone has any thoughts on places to visit, restaurants, cigar friendly places etc? been two decades since i was there.

You can hop on a taxi to Murano and take a tour of the glassmaking factories. Or maybe visit the Church of Santa Maria e San Donato.

If you want to just sightsee around Venice you could check out; the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, the Rialto Bridge or the Arsenal.

And you can have a cup of coffee at Florians in St Mark's Square.

much appreciated.

my two past visits were fabulous but many years ago.

the first was when the local bishop, apparently extremely high level, was being initiated (or whatever the correct term is) and all st marks was full and all the old gondolas were out - spectacular. the 2nd was during carnivale which was also brilliant.

I enjoyed smoking habanos in San Marco Square while listening to the quartets go back and forth and watching all the loonies take pictures with the pigeons...

As for food, there are great places spread all throughout, but my wife and I especially liked a couple of the restaurants along the west side of the grand canal, just south of the Rialto Bridge.

What an enchanting place Venice is. I remember walking through San Marco square late at night after a bottle of wine and a great seafood dinner.

I went a few years ago on a late honeymoon with my wife. We did most of Italy over two weeks.

The Amalfi coast is spectular. We spent three days there and there was a small store with a decent stock af Habanos. I remember enjoying afternoon Cappicino with a Monte 2 by the ocean.

Absolutely brilliant.

G