Current Production VR

I smoked my first Don Alejandro a few weeks ago and enjoyed it. A single from Prez. Smoked great, very nice flavors that just created an overall solid smoke.

Anyone have experience with recent production VR? Thinking about the Unicos...similiar to the Don A?

I smoked an excellent circa '05 Unicos a week or so ago, but have not had anything younger - sorry. But there are a few reviews of more

recent vintages in the review forum, including a video review of an '07 Famoso.

Personally, I don't think you could go wrong with the Unicos or Famosos.

I actually just sampled from my what may still be available Oct 07 Unicos and they are coming along nicely. This box has serious potential and while still carrying that youthful edge definitely displayed impressive complexity and rich flavors. I love the VR Unicos.

For me, Vegas Robaina is the unsung star of habanos. Small range, but each and all of them are right up there for me. The Unicos in particular I think blows everything else away (Monte 2, Party P2 - only the Upmann 2 comes close...ish), that's why I picked up that box on the psp scheme.

Always nice wrappers, solid construction and consistent flavour quality. I'm a fan.

The Unicos in particular I think blows everything else away (Monte 2, Party P2 - only the Upmann 2 comes close...ish), that's why I picked up that box on the psp scheme.

Always nice wrappers, solid construction and consistent flavour quality. I'm a fan.

While I slightly prefer the Upmann, I agree with the sentiment here...

I heard the other day that they were thinking to discontinue the Robaina brand.

The reason they gave me was that don Alejandro's grandson was making a lot of noise to receive some kind of royalty for the brand, of course HSA didn't like the idea at all, and they were evaluating to send "al carajo a este cabron" which means something like "to hell this MF".

The argument (on the HSA side) was that HSA created (in a big way) this Don Alejandro character, and without HSA and the line of cigars, he is a bit more than another veguero.

You make me want to pickup the 06 Classico in the Vintage sale, but I am hesitant, due to a recent vintage box performing poorly. Have no idea about them either, other than they are lonsdales...