Aussie Fisherman

An Aussie tourist comes to Ireland to a bit of fishing, he wants to catch a salmon on a fly.

After fishing from Donegal down the west of Ireland, he ends up on his last night in a pub in Kerry still without a fish.

The barman notices he’s a bit down and asks him what the matter is. Hearing that he hasn’t caught a fish he tells him to go talk to Joe the old guy at the end of the counter, who knows all the good fishing spots in the area.

Joe tells the tourist that there is a bridge up the road with so many salmon under it he can put his hand in and pull one out, without even a rod.

The tourist is delighted and they meet up the next morning outside the pub.

They walk up the road to the bridge where the Kerryman says to the tourist “You hang over the edge and I’ll hold your ankles, when you grab a fish give a shake and I’ll pull you up.”

A little apprehensive, the tourist agrees and hangs over the edge with Joe holding his ankles. After a few seconds he starts shaking violently and screaming, “Pull me up, pull me up!”

Joe pulls the shaken tourist up and says “What happened, did you get a fish?”

“No, there’s a train coming.”

An Aussie tourist comes to Ireland to a bit of fishing, he wants to catch a salmon on a fly.

After fishing from Donegal down the west of Ireland, he ends up on his last night in a pub in Kerry still without a fish.

The barman notices he's a bit down and asks him what the matter is. Hearing that he hasn't caught a fish he tells him to go talk to Joe the old guy at the end of the counter, who knows all the good fishing spots in the area.

Joe tells the tourist that there is a bridge up the road with so many salmon under it he can put his hand in and pull one out, without even a rod.

The tourist is delighted and they meet up the next morning outside the pub.

They walk up the road to the bridge where the Kerryman says to the tourist "You hang over the edge and I'll hold your ankles, when you grab a fish give a shake and I'll pull you up."

A little apprehensive, the tourist agrees and hangs over the edge with Joe holding his ankles. After a few seconds he starts shaking violently and screaming, "Pull me up, pull me up!"

Joe pulls the shaken tourist up and says "What happened, did you get a fish?"

"No, there's a train coming."

that is excellent.