my apologies for not being around much lately

i haven't posted much here on FOH this year and i want to apologize. i got off the road (full time) from playing music 15 months ago to re evaulate things in my life and figure out what was "next". i ended up traveling the country from here in TX to LA (quite a few times) to FL twice (gotta love key west) to seattle (twice) and alot of points in between (about 40K miles worth). i saw more of the US in the last 15 months than i would by just by touring/playing music. i heavily considered moving out of the country (and still would), but it's all lead me back to music.

in the next few months i will be planning a life move to good ole music city (nasvhille). it's not an easy one as i consider fort worth, texas my HOME. in the 19 years i have lived in TX i have never felt more at home than here in ftw. i met some people here that i consider family just as much as my own blood relatives. i need the people i met here in ftw more than i can even possibly try to expain, but IF i want to continue playing music then i have to move to nashville. there's nothing more i can do here in texas musically related. i always said i'd move to nashville if i had work and now not one, but TWO of my old bosses (sunny sweeney and bonnie bishop) have said they will give me work......as they both live there now.

so after 19 years here it's time to yank up the roots and move 700 miles away. i dare say it's one of the hardest decisions i have ever made in my ENTIRE life............and not an easy decision........but i have to do it. i'm 37 years old and i ain't getting any younger.

sorry for all the heavy **** here, but the half bottle of talisker 10 YO is kicking in and i've been smoking alot of good cigars from larry's humidor tonight. i'm a bit sentimental. :lol: i promise i'll participate more as i have done in the past here at FOH.

bruce

congratulations on your upcoming move.

i am in southern middle tennessee, about an hour south of nashville. i get up at least every other week (more during football season), and always spend as much time in the joints on broadway as i can. obviously, nashville is ground zero for country music, and the industry is booming right now. there really is a pretty broad spectrum going on in addition to mainline country -- a lot of jazzy/blues mix, a huge throwback movement to 40's through 60's western country, and a banging rock scene, thanks to some nashville origin bands (kings of leon) and some recent implants (jack white, kid rock).

the local cigar market is decent, with a few nice places since cao relocated operations here. there are a few of us that you may know or have seen other online boards.

give me a shout and we'll meet up when you get here. but you'll have to ditch the scotch and get used to bookers - you'll be in bourbon country now.

Good luck to you Bruce. Life is all about moving forward, because you can never go back. New experiences await you in the next chapter of your life. Take care.