Cuba News: So much for opening up

Cuba has now blocked Facebook, YouTube and a whole litany of sites (Not FOH so far).

Imagine actually living in such a repressive regime.

To all my mates in Cuba..thinking of you..praying for you ..and wishing for an end to this :)

Hey Prez

This really must have just been handed down I was in Havana less then 2 weeks ago and I could use Facebook with no problems.

Cuba seems to be getting worse and worse every year. I dont think I am gonna go back next year. Not until some drastic changes come about. Or I win the trip to the Habanos Festival whatever comes first!

The Trial of Lady Chatterley??

Dont want to flame anyone, but there is no country where we have to fight for the freedom of speech or against censorship.

Just for a couple of days ago another country demanded that the Swedish government should enforce censorship on there newspaper, just because the other country didn't like an article...

We can never bend for this, or never let our guard down

I guess in some ways my office is like Cuba. We aren't allowed to access Facebook or YouTube over the network as access is blocked. However, lucky for me there are no restrictions on FOH. Thank God for that.

You would think that with the most sympathetic American Congress and Presidency in place since the embargo began, that the regime would at least try to appear to be liberalizing a little.

Hecho en Cuba, indeed...

My thoughts are with the good people there.

I wonder if the have internet cafes. Even in communist China before the country became more capitalistic in nature, you could find internet cafes in the larger cities.

I wonder if the have internet cafes. Even in communist China before the country became more capitalistic in nature, you could find internet cafes in the larger cities.

YouTube and Blogspot have been blocked in China since the start of the year, Facebook and Twitter went around the time of the recent riots. And countless other sites, of course, but those are the big ones.

There's a reason I always ask you guys to post competition results in text as well as video, you know.

YouTube and Blogspot have been blocked in China since the start of the year, Facebook and Twitter went around the time of the recent riots. And countless other sites, of course, but those are the big ones.

There's a reason I always ask you guys to post competition results in text as well as video, you know.

Sounds just like my office here in NYC...

• 4 weeks later...