I've been converted...

to RASS.

Never liked it too much. Always much preferred JL2, but now I've seen the light. RASS is a SPECTACULAR cigar.

First 2 times I tried it were nothing to remember. 1st time was in Prague at La Bodeguita, however, my girlfriend took the cigar and dropped it on the floor accidentally while I was half was through, burning herself in the process, but more importantly ruining the wrapper.

Second time, purchased one in Moscow. Thought it was creamy but bland.

3rd time was on Saturday also in Moscow (but cigar was supplied by CC). Was at the Buena Vista Social Club concert (outdoor concert), lit one up with a beer and thought it was brilliant, but was too wasted to remember much later on.

Tried it again last night to check whether it was actually good or whether I was just drunk and in a good mood.

This cigar eclipsed JL2.

I feel like one of the crowd now. Always felt a bit left out when everyone raves about RASS.

Thanks for CC for supplying top quality produce as usual.

Good choice but quality of CC in Russia not such as european or etc one. To Russia mainly deliver a stream B and it considerably concedes in quality. You're understand russian and can read my articles about this on my site. :yes:

Good choice but quality of CC in Russia not such as european or etc one. To Russia mainly deliver a stream B and it considerably concedes in quality. You're understand russian and can read my articles about this on my site. :yes:

I've read a lot of the articles on your website. You make a lot of good points - especially when it comes to the neglect the Russian cigar market suffers due to incredible levels of corruption. For instance - who imports Habanos cigars? I've tried to find this out also, but find only dead ends.

I see you are based in St. Pete's. Do you come to Moscow often? You can contact me by PM if you want. I don't know a lot of cigar smokers in Russia!

Roo...great RASS are very good indeed :yes:

I was always told that a lot of cigars went to Russia as contra payment. If that is the case it makes sense that quality is not as high as elsewhere.

Young RASS have burning issues in my experience, so I tend to enjoy the R&J Short Churchill more, which can also be amazingly tasty. But when the RASS is ripe, it sure is a gem. Did you try the Bolivar Royal Corona? Good specimens have a very unique coffee/nut/sweet earthy flavor that will coat your mouth for hours!

Happy puffing! :cigar:

Glad you made it over, you might be able to deduce from my avatar that I enjoy the marca. Much like you I also did not enjoy the first few Rass I smoked. If you can locate and POS early 07 cabs they are not to be missed, I can't speak for the 08's. I was fortunate to smoke a magnificent example from 00' about a month ago thanks to a very generous member of this board. Buy them in bulk!

a few years back some one gifted me a RASS and it was amazing. I had no idea what year it was, but I have gone through a couple box and never got the same amazement. Still a great cigar. Just recently I got my hands on some Small Clubs and I think I enjoy the flavors from it better... but it has been a while since I have had a RASS.

Roo...great RASS are very good indeed :rotfl:

I was always told that a lot of cigars went to Russia as contra payment. If that is the case it makes sense that quality is not as high as elsewhere.

Yea! Rob! You've wounded my sick heart LOL))

For a long time I don't buy CC in Russia more often in Europe. I try to explain to Russian aficionados on my shy site ( :D ) that quality СС in Russia a ****!!!! Recently I've came to know that HSA have decided to sell'em without intermediaries at last! I hope that soon the situation will change for the better) I don't understand why for this purpose was required so a lot of time?

THX & Cheers!