Lost thread

PigFish

I had a thread called "Fun with Photoshop" or something to that effect and the thread just disappeared. Did I do something wrong and get deleted, or is it a forum issue?

This is the message I get:

Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken.

Hey PigFish,

It's a migration issue while the server is upgraded. It'll settle down in 24 hours or so. I'm seeing broken header and sidebar links, they should also resolve.

Thank you.

I had a response to a thread regarding my electronic humidor project. I understand the link to the PDF is broken there as well. Thank you, -Ray

Thank you.

I had a response to a thread regarding my electronic humidor project. I understand the link to the PDF is broken there as well. Thank you, -Ray

had not seen this link and just posted about the site stuffing up. perhaps the same thing?

Yep, same thing. I have two options - either ride it out or pull the forum down for a day. I'm hesistant to do the latter because the last thing we need is more downtime.

It is not really gonna kill me either way. I would prefer the forum lights on and deal with quirks. Perhaps though you can answer a question. We have been discussing an ongoing thread for daily cigar posts. The thread could get quite large. Do hugh threads represent any greater risks/problems than smaller threads? Thank you.

It is not really gonna kill me either way. I would prefer the forum lights on and deal with quirks. Perhaps though you can answer a question. We have been discussing an ongoing thread for daily cigar posts. The thread could get quite large. Do hugh threads represent any greater risks/problems than smaller threads? Thank you.

Good question, and I agree. Let's keep it up even if it gets a little weird. I do hope the Photoshop thread comes back up but if not, I'd like to see it posted again.

On other forums, admins have expressed concerns about database corruption once threads get up past 150-200 20-post pages. If that's the case, we should be prepared to cap the threads and start v2, v3, etc.

Wilkey