New guy from Korea

hotstuffx

Hello,

Got introduced to this board by a friend, not sure what his username is on this forum.

I'm American, been living in Seoul for about a year and enjoying it very much. Not many places to buy cigars here, and the few places available have poor selection and shoddy quality control. I have been buying/smoking mostly non-Cubans which I order from the internet, but have locally purchased some Habanos (about a dozen) and am letting them get some rest.

So far I haven't smoked a lot of Habanos, but I have been able to try a Cohiba Siglo II, Montecristo No. 4, RyJ Coronita en Cedro, and a few others. Although they're good, I can't see paying the crazy retail prices they cost here in Korea, so I am experimenting with online ordering. Not sure if I will get slammed with taxes when they come through customs here--got my fingers crossed! :rotfl:

Anybody else on here from Korea?

I used to live in Seoul back in 2004 & 2006. You came to the right place for cigars. Where you at in Seoul? If you are looking for a good place to smoke, try the Intercontinental Hotel down at the COEX Mall. Samsung Subway stop.

Welcome ! When I was in Seoul I bought some smokes at the Shilla, near Dongkuk Uni station. They had a fair selection and quality but I agree, way too expensive for ongoing smoking.

• 2 weeks later...

HotStuff. Good to see you joined up!!

Met HotStuff on another cigar forum. We decided to do a cigar swap, he's send me some NCs, and I'd send some Cubans (in Russia, there's a great selection of reasonably priced Cubans). Unfortunately Korean law doesn't allow tobacco to be accepted from Russia. So I go tmy NCs, but couldn't return the favour!

Had to rely on good old CC to come to the rescue! Delivery was done within days. Was really happy with CC's service.

Hope you enjoy your time on FoH, HotStuff!

• 2 weeks later...