The Best laid plans of Mice and Men

Hi All

Finally got my "Stimulus Package " Cheque from Mr Rudd great you would think $900 to spend, Oh no I get a cheque for $600 apparently I earn to much,well i tell you what thats news to me,yes i work alot (well did) and do a lot of overtime , but by the same token I loose heaps in tax :blink:

Where I come from thats Double dipping :angry:

This country as with others is built on the backbone of hard working people if you work harder you should benefit not get taxed to the crapper :bsmeter:

Well the upshot is i will have to re think my cigar buying shopping list to a $600 budget :(

Thats my vent for the month :D

cheeers Oz :bsmeter:

i got squat from the scumbags. apparently, if you have a return that includes a working life involved extensive legitimate deductions, bugger off. that is one thing but what of the poor sods who simply are not earning anything and struggling with kids, repayments etc? the scumbag in charge assumes that they'll automatically vote for him so why bother buying their votes.

all politicians are scum but the current mob are beneath contempt. arrogant, stupid, egotisical, braindead vermin.

as i mentioned in another post - there are some legit reasons for guns. the aussie govt is sadly proof of that.

as i mentioned in another post - there are some legit reasons for guns. the aussie govt is sadly proof of that.

I can see you come down to Canberra and popping into the House for a quick 'visit' KG. :bsmeter:

i got squat from the scumbags. apparently, if you have a return that includes a working life involved extensive legitimate deductions, bugger off.

ie......you need to pay Tax to get a Stimulus payment. In effect they are returning your money. If you haven't given them any....then they cannot give you a proportion of zero ;)

ie......you need to pay Tax to get a Stimulus payment. In effect they are returning your money. If you haven't given them any....then they cannot give you a proportion of zero ;)

which is not how it works at all - the more you give them, the less you get back also. SCUM!!!

You would think that wouldn't you? Well, where I live they thought that proposal unfair and gave a "refund" to ppl who didn't pay a cent. Wouldn't want to ruin their self esteem.