Does gun control work?

Look forward to it Piggy. Once posted I will unleash Ken for an intelligent response :D:(;)

Unless I missed it your initial core argument was about the issue of systematic Govt control as being the underlying premise/smokescreen for "Gun control".

Look forward to your paper.

I should know better than to assume that you did not read my posts Rob. To answer your question, yes and know. I do believe the crime argument is largely irrelevant. You have actually admitted it somewhat in your own posts.

As I said, if the topic remains hot enough I will finish my thoughts. With continued health issues on the home front, between me and my heart and Connie and her broken leg, and piles of other unresolved problems I can't type away endlessly for hours to make my point.

It is skimming over the points that make them hard to understand and not at all convincing. For the closed minded among us (that includes me) it is near to impossible convince one otherwise. My argument provides the only real proof available against this and other, "Societal experiments."

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Piggy, in that light, as a means for a government to control it's people, gun control works very well ;)

That is a part of it Ross. The proof is in what relevance the control of arms has on individuals and populations of individuals historically. I make a compelling argument if one sees the light in it. It is however very difficult to convey singly as a paper written from the perspective of point and counter point. BUT, if you don't write it that way it opens the door for more ancillary arguments. I will try to finish what I started but it is not easy to keep my 'zeal' up! -Ray

I will try to finish what I started but it is not easy to keep my 'zeal' up! -Ray

Ray, if nothing else, Ken will continue to receive subscription emails as this thread is kept alive.

Not that I take any great pleasure in antagonizing Mr. Gargett.......... ;)

Ray, if nothing else, Ken will continue to receive subscription emails as this thread is kept alive.

Not that I take any great pleasure in antagonizing Mr. Gargett.......... ;)

not at all. i remain fascinated - but my machine only gives me one email, even if heaps of posts are made - usually.

i still enjoying my new found staus as a leftie. mky mates all think i am taking the piss when i tell them this.

and finally, colt, a low opinion of the human race might be for another time but sadly it is something on which we will strongly agree (if i was permitted, i would say that is an extremely good reason for not giving them weapons).