I have a question for you Rob regarding your video reviews

I have just concluded watching your video review of the SLR DC.

Most of us acclimatize our cigars for months prior to serious reviews and in my case that would include cigars that I buy from you. Cigars shipped to me are almost always too moist for my tastes but I would prefer to dry them myself so that is not an issue. It got me thinking about what the RH is on the cigars that you normally smoke.

When I watched this review several things came to mind: 1) I don’t like the SLR DC. 2) You guys were smoking a cigar that was too moist. It was not just the tight draw on a huge cigar, but the acrid taste; I believe Ken said bitter. Smithy indicated that the cigar was pliable and was also surprised at the draw.

Do you segregate your cigars that you are intending on reviewing, for how long, and at what RH do you keep them? Just curious. -Piggy

I won't purport to answer for him, but I know that Rob is a big proponent of dry boxing his cigars for a couple of days before smoking them.

But you're quite right that that some of the experiences they discribed in the SLR DC video are symptoms of too-moist Cuban cigars.

When I reviewed the same cigar as I am part of this study my SLR DC was not moist and was very bitter it also had a very good draw.

When I reviewed the same cigar as I am part of this study my SLR DC was not moist and was very bitter it also had a very good draw.

Mine did not have the bitterness everyone seems to be experiencing. It did have a somewhat tight roll but was not spongy. It was not sponge worthy. :D

When I received the SLR DC (which I still need to post my review), it was not too moist, rather it was IMHO just right. I did dry box it for 3 days prior to smoking and did not notice any bitterness.