HollyWood Bound on Tuesday

Okay... so my fiancee won a radio contest this morning and we're heading out for Los Angeles on Tuesday morning for a 3 day, 2 night trip. The trip includes 2 tickets to the taping of the finale of some show called, 'American Idol' or some such thing that I've never heard of.

All I know is this:

1) We're being put up in Hollywood and I dont know anyone there and the only place entered into Smokeasys near Hollywood is the Buena Vista Cigar Club and Lounge in Beverly Hills.

2) We've got tickets for the Price is Right and we'll be out in line on Wed. at 6am!

The price is wrong *****!!

I'll try to take some nice pics of me flaunting the law and smoking cigars out in public (or is that not illegal... yet?!) and report back.

- Kilroy

PS... Should i be worried that I'm THAT close to Mexico?

Okay... so my fiancee won a radio contest this morning and we're heading out for Los Angeles on Tuesday morning for a 3 day, 2 night trip. The trip includes 2 tickets to the taping of the finale of some show called, 'American Idol' or some such thing that I've never heard of.

All I know is this:

1) We're being put up in Hollywood and I dont know anyone there and the only place entered into Smokeasys near Hollywood is the Buena Vista Cigar Club and Lounge in Beverly Hills.

2) We've got tickets for the Price is Right and we'll be out in line on Wed. at 6am!

The price is wrong *****!!

I'll try to take some nice pics of me flaunting the law and smoking cigars out in public (or is that not illegal... yet?!) and report back.

- Kilroy

PS... Should i be worried that I'm THAT close to Mexico?

Good luck on the left coast! You will enjoy yourself. American Idol should be entertaining.

Enjoy your tofu salads and soy lattes :P

Really though, combined with the show tapings, that's a pretty short stay. Off the top of my head, the one thing I'd do if I could would be

to hit the Getty Museum. Do you know which hotel you're staying at?

Plenty of toursity stuff to do. Especially if you have not been here before. I am sure there are some ritzy cigar joints up where you will be staying, but if you have the time maybe check out the Cigar Warehouse in Sherman Oaks. It is an institution around these parts. :P

Have fun.

Well apparently my entire trip is already called for. We fly almost all day tuesday, get in, get dinner and sleep... wed. morning we stand on line at 6am to get passes to get into the Price is RIght and after that is that damned american idol fiasco...

thursday we're probably going to have a flight out at 6am so thats all for that...

Did I mention I tried to be the selfless knight in armor telling her, 'if you have a girlfriend whose an american idol nut, I'd completely understand if you wanted to take her!!!' ????

At least I'll have a pocket full of CCs in case that plane starts to nose dive somewhere around tuscon!