Stanley Cup Playoffs - any fans out there?

For the first time in over a decade the Blackhawks have finally won a playoff series. Next up is Vancouver. Can't wait for that series and hopefully the one after that. Maybe Anaheim can upset the Wings and I'll be able to catch a game or two of a Hawks/Ducks conference finals in person.

Oh, and to make this cigar related, if they can pull it all off, I have a couple nice smokes lined up to celebrate it all.

So is there anyone else out there excited about the Stanley Cup?

For the first time in over a decade the Blackhawks have finally won a playoff series. Next up is Vancouver. Can't wait for that series and hopefully the one after that. Maybe Anaheim can upset the Wings and I'll be able to catch a game or two of a Hawks/Ducks conference finals in person.

Oh, and to make this cigar related, if they can pull it all off, I have a couple nice smokes lined up to celebrate it all.

So is there anyone else out there excited about the Stanley Cup?

Hockey stills exists in America? When does the season start?

I was born in Chicago so that explains the Hawks connection. Now, I've never been to Pittsburgh and have no family or friends there, but for some reason I've always liked the Pens. It probably started from when Lemieux played. Him and Coffey, Francis, Jagr, and now Crosby and Malkin,etc. I was rooting for them last year and hope they make it out of the east this year. Good luck.

Blackhawk season ticket holder so I am hoping they can keep going. Gotta love the way the young guys are playing.

Absolutely! Other than Khabibulin, it's all the kids that are playing the best right now. Kane, Toews, Keith, Seabrook, Versteeg, Sharp, and now even Barker. As you said, gotta love it.

I have a mild interest in the Washingon Capitals for a couple of reasons. I was distressed that they got themselves on the brink of first round elimination by the Rangers, but I have a hope that they will win the rubber game this evening.

Absolutely, I'm a lifelong Penguins fan

I wouldn't mind seeing a Pens/Hawks rematch in the final.....would be just like old times

Now THAT would be a good series. I saw them both in 1992 in the Finals. Unfortunately, the Pens skated circles around us, good for you though, eh? That won't hapen this time.

I was at the first game of the Calgary series, what a blast. The best spectator sport, IMHO.

Go Hawks!

Go Montreal Canadiens!!!

100-splash-merci.jpg

Disappointed my team is out. :mad: Some surprises in round 1 which make for exciting hockey.

On to the next round. Looks like I am going to be cheering for the Canucks since they are the only Canadian team left!

Guest RobertU

Pens fan here - still beaming about the annual beating of the Flyers. This series with the Caps should be a great one. In fact, all the next round series should have some good hockey. Wonder if the Ducks can hang with the Wings - they seem to be a gritty bunch, with lots of veterans.

Avs fan here. ;) Vancouver is gonna be a hard team to beat if Luongo keeps playing the way he has. Bulin Wall is very tough as well, should be some great games coming.

A hot goalie can carry a team a long way in the playoffs. Look what Hiller did for the Ducks against the Sharks. The Kiprusoff/Khabibulin matchup was fun to see. Luongo/Khabi should be better. Luongo is a great goalie. I just hope Khabi is hotter.

Agreed - The Blackhawks have had a serious drought. I have essentially written them off for the last few years since it didn't appear that the Wirtz's were ready to make an investment in some talent.

Now - since Rocky has taken over, as well as some coaching changes, it appears that they are ready to put a real team on the ice.

Go Hawks

Agreed - The Blackhawks have had a serious drought. I have essentially written them off for the last few years since it didn't appear that the Wirtz's were ready to make an investment in some talent.

Now - since Rocky has taken over, as well as some coaching changes, it appears that they are ready to put a real team on the ice.

Go Hawks

Well, they pulled off a pretty big comeback yesterday. Down a couple of goals, they score 5 unanswered off of Loungo. 8 goals against him in 2 games. Who would've thought.