Finally, the Grant Proposal is IN!

After weeks of insane amounts of writing, rewriting, critiquing, and 2 and 3 AM late nights, we finally submitted our Challenge Grant application to the National Institutes of Health. What a hellish few weeks it was. I put all of my research on hold and focused on this entirely but after a few days of rest, I've got to get back onto my work.

I learned a ton from the process and clarified some aspects of my own work in the process, but damn if it wasn't a harrowing experience.

Tomorrow will consist solely of 1) mowing the lawn with a cigar in my mouth, and 2) sitting on the porch with a traveldor and a bottle of Ron Zacapa on the table. :lol:

Just thought I'd share as right now I'm still totally fried.

Wilkey

After weeks of insane amounts of writing, rewriting, critiquing, and 2 and 3 AM late nights, we finally submitted our Challenge Grant application to the National Institutes of Health. What a hellish few weeks it was. I put all of my research on hold and focused on this entirely but after a few days of rest, I've got to get back onto my work.

I learned a ton from the process and clarified some aspects of my own work in the process, but damn if it wasn't a harrowing experience.

Tomorrow will consist solely of 1) mowing the lawn with a cigar in my mouth, and 2) sitting on the porch with a traveldor and a bottle of Ron Zacapa on the table. :lol:

Just thought I'd share as right now I'm still totally fried.

Wilkeyu deserve it

Congrats and enjoy, But your kick back time is borked. You pay some kid to mow the grass while you sit on the porch with a smoke and a drink, you deserve it.

Good to hear that it's done, Wilkey. There is nothing like a huge project, especially if it's something you haven't done before, that stretches you to your intellectual, emotional, and physical limits. It not only focuses you like nothing else, but in the end helps build competence, confidence, and an enormous sense of pride.

You earned it, brother! Don't forget to reward yourself with something equally special! That is essential for the ying and yang of it all.

Hey Wilkey,

That's great! We also had the mad rush for the Challenge Grants. I am on the administrative side but the PIs had to do most of the work and I can appreciate what you went through. Good luck. Word is that NIH is expecting around 10,000 applications.

Best,

Joe

Hey Wilkey,

That's great! We also had the mad rush for the Challenge Grants. I am on the administrative side but the PIs had to do most of the work and I can appreciate what you went through. Good luck. Word is that NIH is expecting around 10,000 applications.

Best,

Joe

Then you'll understand when I say CAYUSE sucks! :D That's the first estimate I've heard for the total count. 10K for $200M at $1M per grant isn't a great ratio but better than Powerball.

Wilkey