Weekend Cigars

went golfin today since it is 50 and sunny . tomorrow nigt the snow comes.(what a joke) I hate Chicago!!!!

So ,started off with a flavor bomb, Punch Corona 98. Onto H.Upmann #2 08, Trinidad Ingenios, Boli Gold Medal. And drove home with a Monty Petite Edmundo.

A flavorful day so far

had a nice PLPC on friday night but took a break for the rest of the weekend. had been a very good week, cigar wise. started out on the wrong foot with a monte LE 'C'03 but then a lovely upmann mag 46 from '05, a fantastic partagas D2 LE from '03, an absolutely stunningly amazing coro from '00, then a wonderful partagas lusi from 98. on friday arvo, rob very kindly brought out a hamlet salomones, which was a cracker.

figured i had better take a few days of as not sure i can top that.

will review the D2 and coro soon.

Well I'm back from golf and the Boli CE '98 was outstanding... as well as a couple Partagas and one NC that I shant discuss....

.. but I did shoot one under par... with 3 birdies and an eagle... so not everything was outstanding! :cigar:

Well I'm back from golf and the Boli CE '98 was outstanding... as well as a couple Partagas and one NC that I shant discuss....

.. but I did shoot one under par... with 3 birdies and an eagle... so not everything was outstanding! :cigar:

off the stick?

Off the stick is right! 3 bogies on easy holes (2 on par 3s). The cigars really made up for the lousy short game. The NC I had was a La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Lancero. It started well and was very consistent albeit slightly bland and one dimensional. Plus I had to relight it like 6 times!

Next week is Masters week and I've got a nice line up of cigars to watch the tournament with. Glad to see Greg Norman coming back to play this year after that performance last year at the British Open! I love the shark and I'm fond of his wine as well.

:cigar:

.. but I did shoot one under par... with 3 birdies and an eagle... so not everything was outstanding! :rolleyes:

Kilroy,

I just got back from 4 days in Myrtle Beach and I had 3 birdies in 6 rounds of golf, and my bag was light 6 sleeves of balls when it was over, lol!! And no eagles, although came close w/ a 20-foot putt on a par 5.

Golf was still fun (bad day golfing, fishing, etc.....) and the cigar lineup was suberb: Party de Party No. 1 ('00), Hoyo des Dieux ('99 or '00), RASS ('07), Siglo III, BCE ('99), Punch PC, and Secretos. I even smoked a Honduran Punch Gran Puro to be a hospitable pal, and while one dimensional, it was pleasant.

Rick

Kilroy,

I just got back from 4 days in Myrtle Beach and I had 3 birdies in 6 rounds of golf, and my bag was light 6 sleeves of balls when it was over, lol!! And no eagles, although came close w/ a 20-foot putt on a par 5.

Golf was still fun (bad day golfing, fishing, etc.....) and the cigar lineup was suberb: Party de Party No. 1 ('00), Hoyo des Dieux ('99 or '00), RASS ('07), Siglo III, BCE ('99), Punch PC, and Secretos. I even smoked a Honduran Punch Gran Puro to be a hospitable pal, and while one dimensional, it was pleasant.

Rick

I love Myrtle Beach! Its my 4th favorite golf destination after Scotland, Hawaii and Pebble Beach (its its own destination!). That cigar line up sounds fantastic. With cigars like that its hard to care about lack of birdies. I was going to be hospitable as my friend handed me some Rocky Patel cigar that we wanted me to try. I quickly lit up a Party with the, 'oh I'll try it next' line... which I never did.

I'm supposed to go play next week at this Pete Dye course north of Tampa called Southern Hills. Its 7557 from the back tees and super mean... he's a sadist!