Are this authentic?

BonVivant

This is certainly accepted as true around the forums.....but Comintur appears to have no translation into English (that I can find).

Closest appears to be Cominto ....roughly meaning no value.

What we need to now is:

1. what exactly this stamp means

2. who is applying these stamps

3. in what circumstances are these stamps applied.

I suspect that, if such a stamp was ever used in legit cigars, COMINTUR would be an acronym for the Cuban Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism (Ministerio de COMercio, INdustria y TURismo)...

I wonder if any of the insider friends in the Island could verify whether such a stamp was ever used by such ministry to legitimise cigars sold within Cuba (and if so, over what period of time).

I've found 2 types of stamps.

'Vendido en Cuba por Cubancan'

VENDIDO EN CUBA TIENDAS INTUR COMINTUR

Looking into this more. Everything I've read including what you guys say means the stamps translate to "fake" or "not real"

What is also confusing does the Cuban government use the stamp to warn the buyer? Otherwise why would the counterfeits use the term "Comintur"

This has been interesting and makes time at work pass.

I suspect that, if such a stamp was ever used in legit cigars, COMINTUR would be an acronym for the Cuban Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism (Ministerio de COMercio, INdustria y TURismo)...

I wonder if any of the insider friends in the Island could verify whether such a stamp was ever used by such ministry to legitimise cigars sold within Cuba (and if so, over what period of time).

This sounds more like it....I could not imagine that any authority/ group/ etc would apply a stamp on fakes.

This sounds more like it....I could not imagine that any authority/ group/ etc would apply a stamp on fakes.
Trevor, I tend to believe just the opposite, the use of a bogus stamp on fakes is there to Legitimize them to the unsuspecting customer. It provides the seller another "tool" to sell the cigars as legitimate.

I always thought that the legitimacy of cigars are in the cigars itself and not the box, packing or stamps, that is why I really never pay much attention to stamps or packing.

One can put anything in the box, provide perfect packing and stamp, and the cigars could be a fake. Isn't it possible?

And I have seen a lot of "wrong" boxes, "fake" codes, etc...

If the stamp on the box makes the box a fake, I humbly suggest that cigar lovers should start smoking boxes and stamps, instead of cigars...

(Trevor, I tend to believe just the opposite, the use of a bogus stamp on fakes is there to Legitimize them to the unsuspecting customer. It provides the seller another "tool" to sell the cigars as legitimate).

That’s the impression I’m getting. Instead of confiscating and destroying tax revenue for the government and pissing off the store keeper. It seems to make sense to “stamp” it “fake” and cover there ass.

(Trevor, I tend to believe just the opposite, the use of a bogus stamp on fakes is there to Legitimize them to the unsuspecting customer. It provides the seller another "tool" to sell the cigars as legitimate).

That’s the impression I’m getting. Instead of confiscating and destroying tax revenue for the government and pissing off the store keeper. It seems to make sense to “stamp” it “fake” and cover there ass.

Bogus stamp?......or an official stamp confirming a fake?

We are all still talking assumptions. My original three questions stand:

1. what exactly this stamp means

2. who is applying these stamps

3. in what circumstances are these stamps applied.