Por Larranaga Petit Corona OEB MAR 07

You are on a roll Dave :clap:

I can't disagree with your review although they tend to take a little longer to come around. Look forward to everything you have described intensifying over the coming years.

I hope the Regional Relaese PL Camapana provides the same complexity in a larger format. What a treat if it achieves it :love:

• 2 weeks later...

Por Larranaga Petit Corona OEB MAR 07

Denver, CO

11/2/08

Instant gratification review summary: WOW!

It was a little windy today so I headed inside. We are doing a family room addition and the framing and roof were recently completed. My smoking days in here are numbered, so I took advantage. :-)

image8697.jpg

This cab of 50 rested in the locker for most of the year and had 2 months of humidor time at 65 degrees/65% humidity. Again, I dry boxed for 4 days at about 50% humidity. When I first peeked into the cab, I was a little disappointed; these cigars have a greenish tinge and are not particularly beauties to look at. This one was sort of bent and fugly.

image8698.jpg

image8699.jpg

The fill was good and the draw was slightly resistive; massage helped a bit. The aroma and cold taste was sweet tobacco and cake. Turns out the cigar smoked well and effortlessly, with no burn issues at all.

image8700.jpg

See what I mean about the color? Anyway, the initial blast was outstanding with smooth creamy honey flavors. There was also a little grassy/citrus taste but it disappeared quickly. The aroma was sweet and intoxicating; Theresa was working on the windows and commented on how great the cigar smelled. Still no chance of turning the room into a mancave, however.

image8701.jpg

A beautiful ash shot (a la Nino). This cigar now has my full attention; it was never harsh but just kept delivering wave after wave of sweet toasted flavor, with aftertaste of cookie and coffee and cream.

image8702.jpg

Toward the end I definitely got into some carmel flavors, but the profile stayed light to medium and the strength never really strayed beyond medium. This cigar is like dessert; by the nub I was getting nothing but chocolate.

image8703.jpg

This cigar is high on my list of favorites and I can't see why anyone would be cabless at any time. My only problem is how to keep my greedy mitts off of them. What a sweet and awesome smoke.

Score two thumbs way up; 92-93 with potential for more aging into a classic.

Cheers,

Dave