In praise of the PLPC (OEB Feb 07)

Nice post, thank you. I too bought a box of PL, the panatelas sight unseen based on the recommendations here and from MRN.

Same deal; never disappointed and glad I made the plunge to break the Punch, Bolivar, Partagas pattern I was stuck in. Vive la difference.

Mike

Thanks for sharing your story of this cigar. I had the same experience with the BBF, still have a few left that for sentimental reasons wont be smoked anytime soon.

Damn shame there are only 5 remaining :-D

nice comment. i assume that you'd be able to do something about that. i may be close to death from the flu and completely unable to tell krug from crap at the moment but even i can smell that rat!

but i do love the plpc and you would be wise to stock up and put a good % out of reach. you will not regret it.

» Damn shame there are only 5 remaining :-D

»

»

» nice comment. i assume that you'd be able to do something about that. i

» may be close to death from the flu and completely unable to tell krug from

» crap at the moment but even i can smell that rat!

»

» but i do love the plpc and you would be wise to stock up and put a good %

» out of reach. you will not regret it.

I think with the current sale, It is high time I bury those 5 a little deeper with something new.:hungry:

• 2 weeks later...

This is not a conventional review per say.

It is my first post on any review forum as I recognize that my taste buds are not as refined as many who post and thus I am a little intimidated.

But I felt a special need to write of my story with this cigar.

I still feel like a newbie as I have only been smoking CC's for about 2 years.

I realize the more I know the less I really know.

About a year ago after I had been buying samplers for a while, I got the itch to open my own intact box.

The need became too great, so I decided it was time to pull the trigger.

I decided to go with a PC because of it's size (as I purchased this Cab about a year ago and I only smoke outside a smaller vitola was in order for the winter months).

I chose the PLPC strictly form anecdotal info gleaned from this and another forum.

I had never smoked one before I took the plunge.

From the day they arrived I was never disappointed.

This little fella became my go to cigar for months.

Everyone I smoked was consistent and they never let me down.

Each was a medium body, full of flavor cigar with enough spice to keep my attention and full of great fresh tobacco flavor that left me yearning for more.

I probably smoked 30 of these babies myself, giving about 10 of them out to whatever friends would indulge me.

I still have 5 sitting in the bottom of my humi not to be touched for a few years.

This cigar sent me down that slope of wanting to taste as many different vitola/macra as my pocketbook will allow.

I may not have as a refined palette as many who post here but I know what I like and this little cigar will always be on that list.

I have since sampled many other PC's and will admit some may have stolen my attention.

But for my beginner's primer and my education to the wonders of a great smoke I will always be "In Praise of the PLPC".image8662.jpgimage8663.jpgimage8664.jpgimage8665.jpg