FOH Member Competition

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of "Band of Brothers"

Here's some good news

"After the acclaimed success of the HBO miniseries "Band of Brothers," Tom Hanks and his Playtone producing partner-in-war Gary Goetzman are reuniting with - guess who - Steven Spielberg to produce a new World War II dramatic miniseries, this time set in the Pacific Theater. Tentatively dubbed "Untitled World War II Pacific Theater Project," the DreamWorks project will focus on a battalion of soldiers, following them through the island-to-island assault on the Japanese, which culminated in the Atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Unlike "Band of Brothers," which was based on Stephen Ambrose's bestseller, which chronicled the506 th Airborne Regiment after their landing in France on D-Day, the trio's newest project will be an original work. Bruce McKenna, recipient of the Writers Guild of America award for work on several "Band" episodes, is reportedly the frontrunner to take charge of the writing team."

Looking forward to this! If you have not seen "Band of Brothers" you should get it immediately it is the best done portrayal of war and how those involved were affected that Ive ever seen.

This IS good news. My son and I watch that series all the time. I hope the casting for this new venture is as good, the writing as well. SS can sometimes dumb down the script and plot, so let's hope for the best. If it is anywhere near as good as B of B, we are in for a treat.:-)

PS Have you read Rick Atkinson's Book, " An Army at Dawn?" Great stuff about the US Army in it's infancy in North Africa and good material for a movie about this little discussed episode in US history.

I will have to say this is a very tough task. To come up with the perfect name to encompass all of the things that you want to make this magazine about is nearly impossible. Sure there are many good catchy ones, but one that will actually capture the cigar lifestyle..........mmmmmmmm.

There we have it folks Cigar Lifestyle, or if we are limiting or focusing on Habanos......... Habanos Lifestyle.

That is my second submission.:-D

Well my first take is that The name Cohíba derives from the Taino word for "tobacco".

"The Friends of Habanos Cohiba Chronicles"

Caressing the 6 senses Cuban style

Not knowing what site name will be used.

"The Cigar Czar's Cohiba Chronicles"

Passionate living with Cigars, Libations, food, and friends

I'm a major lurker here and don't want to be in consideration but wanted to throw this in the ring for you guys.

"Pura Vida"

Pura Vida (POO-rah VEE-dah) literally translated means "Pure Life." Contextually, it means "Full of Life" "Purified life", "This is living!", "Going great!" It is used as a greeting, a farewell, and to express satisfaction.

The phrase has become widely known in the USA and Europe. Some foreigners view the phrase as an expression of a leisurely lifestyle, of disregard for time and wanton friendliness.

PURA VIDA also means "I am doing alright", "I'm doing perfect" and "Thank you"

Expats who adopt the expression properly get a big smile in return.

I've always liked the expression to sum up what cigars do for me.;-)

i dont normaly like doing these things but i am feeling creative, should i win please send me 1 stick and the other 24 (should it be a box of 25) to the 24 next best entrants. (charge me for the extra postage) (within reason)

1/ The brotherhood of Habanos (B.O.H) - fine cigars transend socio economic stature, race , religion and most prejudices, (true botherhood)

2/ Brotherhood of the leaf

good luck to all

spiro