Cigar Magazines?

At work, when things are slow, I like to relax and read a good magazine ( I hate to read books at work because I never really know how long I have till the next 911 call), I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions as to which Cigar magazines I should Subscribe to? Thanks guys.:-D

I still find Cigar Aficionado interesting to flick through but not necessarily for cigar articles. European Cigar Cult Journal can be OK but I take issue with its high ratings for some dead set ordinary cigars (Cigar Aficionado can be accused of the same).

I am not sure of others but would be interested to know.

I don't subscribe to any, but I also like to read Cigar Aficionado from time to time. I actually

like it more for the articles than ratings and such.

There is another called Smoke, which I also read every now and again, and there is / was

one called Cigar which I've read, but not that often.

» I still find Cigar Aficionado interesting to flick through but not

» necessarily for cigar articles. European Cigar Cult Journal can be OK but

» I take issue with its high ratings for some dead set ordinary cigars

» (Cigar Aficionado can be accused of the same).

»

» I am not sure of others but would be interested to know.

re European Cigar Cult Journal - Would agree with your comment regarding the assessment of the cigars Prez, but the skill and depth of prose demonstrated by some of its writers is phenomenal!;-)

I subscribe to CA. Occasionally I will pick up one of the others in my local B&M.

I think everyone agrees that the ratings are really not what you should be reading CA for. They may give you some indication of some things you might want to try but that would be at best I think.

Hi FDNYGUY360,

Here in France, there is a beautiful Mag. called

"Cigare et Sensation " which is truly TOPS. Great write ups,

great pics. Great on foods, Fantastic on cigars. AND NO B.S.

COMMERCIALS. One problem, It's in French.

But I would advise it anyway

www.cigare-et-sensations.com

Cheers

What do you guys mean...."read a cigar magazine"!?!?!?

You actually read those things?

I'll be honest...I buy 'em just for all of the pretty pics!!!

So many long, dark, lean smokeable..... cigars :surprised:

From head to foot, I get envious checking through those high quality glossy pages!!!

» I think I might check out the French Magazine ...... wat is ECCJ?

European Cigar Cult Journal. One of the better magazines out there. I don't like Smoke for it's cigar content. The newest and most promising magazine out is Cigar Press. I'll attach a link.

http://cigarpressmag.homestead.com/

I think the Cigar Press is a real nice magazine that stays more on the subject. Ratings are cool too they don't give a cigar a numbered value just let you know if its recommended or such.

Notice which word on cigar AFICIONADO is emphasized it is hardly about cigars anymore and the ratings??? most of them or so bought by advertising dollars, I love Padron but does every cigar they make deserve 90+?

Haven't seen Cigar Magazine in a while guess it's still out there, it was pretty good but seemed they only rated cigars that JRs sold.

What the hell, you have slow times over on the other side of the river????? Christ my last 2 tours we switch shift as the rigs were driving by the firehouse and ate dinner at the gas station while fueling up!!!!!

I enjoy Cigar Magazine and Cigar Aficinoado.

Later Bro,