More on Warranty Seals

Flowing on from other threads, I decided to expand the website section on the Warranty seals. I have found the following seal types in the current seal i.e. 1999 on .

Type 1

Type 2a

Type 2b

These types are described below. These seals appear to be randomly distributed through the boxes I have checked. They are all current and if fact each type separately appeared on the 3 - 2008 LE boxes I recently received (can not get more current than that).

Type 1 is printed on a very white paper in a darker shade of green and provides a good contrast. Under UV light this white paper strongly fluoresces.

Type 2 is printed on a creamy white paper in a slightly lighter green shade and has less contrast than the type 1 seal. The is no fluorescence from the creamy white paper.

Above the serial number there is a watermark image of the coat of arms, similar but larger than the visible printed shield. On Type 1 seals the image is a poorly defined pinkish-orange colour. On the Type 2 seal, the image is a well defined lemon-yellow colour.

The serial number consists of two letters and six numbers. Under Ultra Violet (black) light inspection the serial number colour changes.

With the Type 1 seal the whole serial number shows up as black or very dark red.

With the Type 2 seal there are 2 forms. The type 2a seal has the letters and numbers similar to Type 1, but with the Type 2b seal the numbers fluoresce bight red.

I have also added a section on the micro printing.

On both type seals, the micro printing is present in 2 locations; to-wards the top just above the "Republic de Cuba" text and near the bottom below the "torcidos y picadura" text. The micro printing consists of "SELLO DE GARANTIA REPUPLIC DE CUBA" repeated across the seal between the two scrolls. This is not readable using the naked eye and is not overly distinct or clear under magnification, due to the printing process.

THIS HAS NOW BEEN UPDATED AT:

www.cubancigarwebsite.com/8-packaging.htm#Seals

Love your work Trev :clap:

On the new Forum (yes...still coming but the image transfer fix appears to possibly be solved) I will put a direct link to your website. It desrves a place in the sun as the finest Habanos reference material available.

» Love your work Trev :clap:

»

» On the new Forum (yes...still coming but the image transfer fix appears to possibly be solved) I will put a direct link to your website. It desrves a place in the sun as the finest Habanos reference material available.

Rob.....much appreciated, very honoured, and a great acknowlegement to the many people who have contributed to the website with their comments, suggestions, submissions, and support. :yes:

» » Love your work Trev :clap:

» »

» » On the new Forum (yes...still coming but the image transfer fix appears

» to possibly be solved) I will put a direct link to your website. It

» desrves a place in the sun as the finest Habanos reference material

» available.

»

» Rob.....much appreciated, very honoured, and a great acknowlegement to the

» many people who have contributed to the website with their comments,

» suggestions, submissions, and support. :yes:

Great stuff! Thanks a ton Trev! :clap:

• 1 month later...
» Love your work Trev :P

»

» On the new Forum (yes...still coming but the image transfer fix appears to possibly be solved) I will put a direct link to your website. It desrves a place in the sun as the finest Habanos reference material available.

Rob.....much appreciated, very honoured, and a great acknowlegement to the many people who have contributed to the website with their comments, suggestions, submissions, and support. :disguise:

Hi Rob, any progress on the link? :blink:

Hi Trev! On your site I observe that you've insert such section like "Cigar Band". Have you put there only current anillos? Would be glad to share of pics pre-revolution cuban (under 1959) cigar bands of brands existing now! All anillos are real! What about? For example, Cuban Dunhill, first Cohiba's anillos and many other interesting bands. Portraits, animals, funny picks etc. My Dad served on Cuba in early of 1970.

Hi Trev! On your site I observe that you've insert such section like "Cigar Band". Have you put there only current anillos? Would be glad to share of pics pre-revolution cuban (under 1959) cigar bands of brands existing now! All anillos are real! What about? For example, Cuban Dunhill, first Cohiba's anillos and many other interesting bands. Portraits, animals, funny picks etc. My Dad served on Cuba in early of 1970.

Would be certainly be interested. At this stage I am not sure how they would be displayed...possible a separate pre-revolution section.