Warranty seals and corresponding date codes

» Is there any kind of list that exists with date codes and the proper

» corresponding warranty seal numbers? If not, would it be possible to get

» one started?

There were some collected codes and seal number comparisons in this thread...

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/board_entry.php?id=49086

Maybe we could start a thread where people can list their boxes with the following information: Just a thought.

Brand:

Vitola:

Type of Box ie Cab/25/10/3:

Warranty #:

Date:

Box Code:

-Patrick

» Maybe we could start a thread where people can list their boxes with the

» following information: Just a thought.

»

» Brand:

» Vitola:

» Type of Box ie Cab/25/10/3:

» Warranty #:

» Date:

» Box Code:

»

» -Patrick

Actually, I think all I'd really suggest is the date code and the first 2 letters of the warranty seal serial no. I'm not sure I would feel comfortable asking folks to provide much more than that. It'd be a great tool to help verify authenticity. It looks like the thread that Sepp provided in the 2nd post might be a great start.

Perhaps Trevor would be agreeable to collecting some of the codes and listing them on his web site??? (I love his web site! It has been a tremendous resource for me. http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/ :clap: )

» Actually, I think all I'd really suggest is the date code and the first 2 letters of the warranty seal serial no. I'm not sure I would feel comfortable asking folks to provide much more than that. It'd be a great tool to help verify authenticity. It looks like the thread that Sepp

» provided in the 2nd post might be a great start.

»

» Perhaps Trevor would be agreeable to collecting some of the codes and listing them on his web site??? (I love his web site! It has been a tremendous resource for me. http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/ :clap: )

Happy to do this if there is sufficient interest and consensus.

I think the more information collected the better. For example wouldn't the person collecting and posting the info want to know or evaluate sources as well?

I may think my sources are legit (well I know one is for sure, Czar) but either that or a knowledge of who is submitting could be a mitigating factor on whether to add a specific submission to the list.

I am not saying to post the sources but for legitimacy sake I think it could be a critical element.

Just a thought, and agreed Trevor's site is the tops!

» I think the more information collected the better. For example wouldn't the

» person collecting and posting the info want to know or evaluate sources as

» well?

»

» I may think my sources are legit (well I know one is for sure, Czar) but

» either that or a knowledge of who is submitting could be a mitigating

» factor on whether to add a specific submission to the list.

»

» I am not saying to post the sources but for legitimacy sake I think it

» could be a critical element.

»

» Just a thought, and agreed Trevor's site is the tops!

Putting in sources while inputting your box codes in an online database wouldn't be that hard. The trick is to keep the sources private to the person that entered them. So while posting the codes is one thing, you also need to give the user browsing the codes to see one and say, 'that looks fallacious'. That user can tag that entry as fraudulent and enter a text comment as to why and its logged.

Of course you don't want to embarrass anyone so the codes won't be labeled by who put them in. The person who entered them can learn if their code is legitimate or not and no one has to be outed as having bought fakes.

You wouldn't have to stop at warrenty codes. You could set up a mathcing database so you can enter the factory/date code as well.

Once enough people flag their seal/box code and the submitter is satisfied that they know they've purchased fakes then they can flag the source entered with that particular code as suspect and that source can be listed in a 'fake list' without anyone seeing who had put them in or from what fake code they were entered from. Its all very anonymous and helpful.

Just my thoughts as a webmaster...

Actually.. I'm working on a cigar type resource website right now thats in beta stage... its not anything like Trevor's site. Its a completely different type of resource and that's all I'll say. I'll get with my consultants and code up something and get back with y'all.

» Actually.. I'm working on a cigar type resource website right now thats in beta stage... its not anything like Trevor's site. Its a completely different type of resource and that's all I'll say. I'll get with my consultants and code up something and get back with y'all.

This sounds good (on both counts:-D ). I have already upgraded the current warrenty seal section to provide a preliminary guidance, and am happy to leave it at that.

[link]http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/8-packaging.htm#Seals[/link]

Quite happy to provide a link on my website to a more detailed site.