September 11

Having responded to New York City on this day with my fire company from NJ I cannot even begin to explain what I saw or how we all function that day.

I cannot express to all the victims of this day my deepest sorrows for all you're loses.

I will never forget because I am sitting in my office right now watching the 9/11 reading of the victims names and when I look out my office widow where I was able to see where the Towers once stood is now an open space the the New York skyline.

God Bless

» Watched both towers collapse with my own eyes from my 32nd floor office

» window accross the river in New Jersey that day. RIP all who were murdered

» that day in NY, DC and PA.

»

» We Will Never Forget.

it's an honor to post a reply to somebody who watched the terror with his own eyes.

after 7years I wish strenth to those who survived and those who lost family...

I sat and watched with horror at home with my husband .. it was 10.30pm and we never ended up going to bed.... what we saw changed the way we think and feel...

I was than lucky to be able to visit the site when I was in NY a couple of years ago and my darling friend Roman took me there and I will never forget the feeling I felt standing there and trying to put togehter what I saw on the TV

My prayers and thoughts to everyone who lost someone on that day and my uptmost respect to those who had to go in there on the day

RIP

Its was a said day today and i will never forget as i seen the second tower get hit and seen it collapse.

I cried for over a week and even cried today as we lost 17 members from my union that day also lost a family member and some friends.

Also had night mares for several days waking up in the night thinking another building collapsed thanks dad for helping me out through tuff times.

As i turn to my left looking out my window as i type i can see the 2 lights beaming to the stars from the city from Ground Zero.:crying:

Lisa,

I'm glad that you got a chance to visit the pit, today is 7 years and to this day I haven't been back.

I can't get myself to go back there again not that I haven't tried just can't do it.

Maybe I one day I'll get the nerve to go back.

I know about the nightmares Jimmy I still get them every once in a while and I find myself jumping out of bed sweating and cusing myself.

I think I'll go to my deck now at look lights now and smoke a butt. I'm be back in a while guys.

» Lisa,

»

» I'm glad that you got a chance to visit the pit, today is 7 years and to

» this day I haven't been back.

»

» I can't get myself to go back there again not that I haven't tried just

» can't do it.

»

» Maybe I one day I'll get the nerve to go back.

Haven't been there since myself, not my nerve that is lacking....it is simply too sad for me.

God bless everyone who was there. Those that made it....Those that didn't....and all those that stayed. I will never forget this day, or the brave men and women who were running up the stairs while the victims ran down them.

Hi

Guys

I'm not the greatest with words, and view the world in a different light then most people. The world change that day for me, and can't find the words to define this change.

I can still recall the images of people jumpping from the building. The US changed, and so did the world.

To all public service people around the world thank you for your hard work.

Here is a statement I have link to my e-mail at work. It kind of holds my point of view of fireman.

When a man becomes a fireman his greatest act of bravery has been accomplished. What he does after that is all in the line of work. ~Edward F. Croker

» Lisa,

»

» I'm glad that you got a chance to visit the pit, today is 7 years and to

» this day I haven't been back.

»

» I can't get myself to go back there again not that I haven't tried just

» can't do it.

»

» Maybe I one day I'll get the nerve to go back.

It made my trip as it was the only place I wanted to see in NY.... I had to pay my respect.

What you guys did on that day is amazing I am in total awe

Lisa

As a Member of the Fire Department of New York and just a regular New Yorker, I would like to thank everyone that posted today. It really shows that this forum is comprised of very thoughtful and caring people. Sometimes I feel that a lot of people have forgotten what happened 7 years ago but posts like these change my mind every time. Thanks again.

FDNY EMS BATT 45, UNIT 45B2. Placeres.

PS. I am so proud of a man named Alvin Toro, who was literally one of the first responders at the WTC, who was also one of the very first Paramedics in New York City. He was there when both towers came down, and he was found the very next day trapped under rubble, badly injured, but alive. So today I want to say "Happy Birthday" to my Uncle and Godfather Alvin Toro. He tells me all the time that today was not the day he was born, but the day he cheated death.

Thanks for starting this post and for everyone's replies. Jimmy in particular made me choke up. I'll never forget that day either. I hate when people call it a tragedy. A tragedy is when a little girl gets Leukemia. It was a day, like Pearl Harbor, that will live in infamy. They thought we were a paper tiger, but actually they woke up a sleeping giant. Never again!

I had the honor of visiting ground zero in 2004. I'll never forget that experience.