FOH in Florida

I have been away for quite some time, life's changes I guess. Rob emailed me the pics and details of his travels, very nice!! The Florida stop especially got my attention, because I'm headed there tomorrow for a family vacation. We're headed to the Bradenton area, staying off of Cortez Rd., my wife's brother lives there. Be there about 10 days. Not sure how close any may be, but if interested in getting together for a smoke and some drinks, I'm in!! I will try to locate the Habana Cafe, and if Tampa could give me the name of the place in St. Pete I may stop there also. I have some relatives in the Seminole area that I will also be visiting.

I would love to get together for a cigar or 3. You will be staying within 45 minutes of just about any good cigar smoking location. Send me an email at [email protected] and I'll get you my cell number. We might be able to get a few others from the area to join us. The location in St Pete is called Central Cigars, you can google them and get the exact address.

» » The location in St Pete is called Central Cigars, you can google them and

» get the exact address.

»

» Might there be a meeting this week? :-D

Possibly, I will be hitting the road in a few hours from Ohio to Bradenton (18 hour drive or so). I will touch base w/Tampa once settled and have a schedule sort of set. He was hoping for a week from today (8/14), said Tursday's were good days for his group. I'm going to work on making that happen, besides its also my birthday!! Hey the beaches don't have any smoking bans on them do they? I mean it is outside, but that hasn't stopped the lobbyists in California. Hopefully I can meet up with some FOH members for some good cheer, stories and a few smokes, looking forward to it.

I'm here to report on tonight's FoH proceedings in Tampa:

I arrived at Norton's Sport's Bar at 7:20pm (late... stupid traffic) to find Professor Twain and Tampa waiting for me. They were already 10 minutes into their thirds of a Partagas Culebras and handed me the final third to light up and enjoy.

Culebras: Its like smoking a pepper shaker. A REALLY good pepper shaker... the one the gods use to season their steaks in Valhalla. I have a box of them but I'd never tried them and I was impressed.

We chatted and talked cigars and stuff for hours. Tampa forced me to smoke a Partagas Serie Connoisseur #1. Professor Twain smiled because he knew what I was in for. For this I think I'm going to start calling Tampa 'the pusher'... the first taste is always free right? :-D

Serie #1: a 5 year old lancero that had more flavors in it than I can count. A true partagas hit with sea salts and various levels of intensity that ebbed and flowed every inch or so. Tampa smoked his to the nub and I kept the last 1.5" of mine to sit in my ashtray outside so I can go smell it tomorrow after coffee!

The only sour note of the evening being a really drunk guy coming over to see what we're smoking, accusing us of smoking fake CCs and then continuously begging for one.

Thursday nights for me are now booked until the 2nd coming! I had a great time and I think after observing the clientele would rename the place, 'Top Heavys'.

Oh yes... Tampa also forced me to take home a Vegas Robaina... His generosity and knowledge of great smokes knows no bounds.

It was great to get Kilroy there, and he speaks the truth! Besides the Culebras, I had an 02 RA 898, it was great, I am rationing out my final cigars from this box very carefully.

I have some pictures. Here are some shots of the Culebras packaging. These are from January 08. Rob I have some of these from your shop but I thought that I had best burn these up first and let the ones from Czar age. One comment, I have smoked the OLD Culebras, and I smoked them with 5 years of age--they reminded me of Serie du Cons. They also looked very wrinkled. THESE Culebras had a lot of bite and pepper to them, and lacked the smoothness of the OLD Culebras. But they smoked perfectly. I expect that they will be outstanding with some age.

OK here are the box and cigar pics:

70dd1e61.jpg

78229edb.jpg

f021c205.jpg

And some action shots of Kilroy and Chuck enjoying their twisty curly Culebras:

0ecf98cb.jpg

07c0f2c4.jpg

Finally, Chuck and Kilroy enjoying their Serie du Cons, and me my Ramon Allones (you may notice some of the Top Heavies in the background):

ca4d3869.jpg

035e8021.jpg

c1c98c77.jpg

We had put a shout out to the local guys, but I have to apologize, I sent some of the calls out late. Sorry boys...

I will be out of town next week, check with Tampa if you want to join in the merriment next Thursday.

It just doesn't get any better than this.

So I am now da Pusher???

Well, if you want to say that I have been standing on my Soap Box telling every one that would listen that Thin Ring Gauge Habanos were In and to BUY MORE thin ring gauge Habanos, I walk the talk because I truly believe that Thin Ring gauge cigars have more intense flavor and tend to be highly complex cigars.

As Andy's eyes were rolling into the back of his head saying "This cigar just changed flavors AGAIN!, I knew he was experiencing a great cigar. If he hasn't already, I bet that Rob will be having an order from him very soon!:-P

Great evening and fantastic cigars with friends, is there any better way for us to spend a night out with the guys? I think not.........

Tampa

» So I am now da Pusher???

»

» Well, if you want to say that I have been standing on my Soap Box telling

» every one that would listen that Thin Ring Gauge Habanos were In and to BUY

» MORE thin ring gauge Habanos, I walk the talk because I truly believe that

» Thin Ring gauge cigars have more intense flavor and tend to be highly

» complex cigars.

»

» As Andy's eyes were rolling into the back of his head saying "This cigar

» just changed flavors AGAIN!, I knew he was experiencing a great cigar. If

» he hasn't already, I bet that Rob will be having an order from him very

» soon!:-P

»

» Great evening and fantastic cigars with friends, is there any better way

» for us to spend a night out with the guys? I think not.........

»

» Tampa

Yes you are. Yes you have been... and I'm now a firm believer! If its over 43 it ain't S***! <- edited in to include the dalia

» » » and I'm now a firm believer! If its over 42 it ain't S***!

» »

» » But...... the dalia is 43 - and it's one of my faves......

» »

» » Looks like you guys had a great time!

»

» I'm with you Colt, the Dalia is GOD

Well I also enjoy a Dalia, but I think of them as VERY good, NOT God like :-D

I spoke with John last night as he was on a beer run :lol3: So he is in great shape here in Florida. He is double checking with his maritial unit :-D on if he can come out to play on Thursday 8/14. I told him to bring his wife! It also happens to be his birthday so all the more reason for a cigar get together!

Central Cigars

278 Central Avenue

St Petersburg, Fl

I'll be there no later than 7pm.

All the guys near St Petersburg, make plans to join us for a few hours of Merriment and good cigars!:ok:

»

» I'll be there no later than 7pm.

»

» All the guys near St Petersburg, make plans to join us for a few hours of

» Merriment and good cigars!:ok:

I'll certainly be there... unless the lil woman tells me otherwise!