Cheap Cigars???

In the spirit of debate and the piss-poor US Economy, let's have a discussion of some of the more value-minded Habanos. I don't think that I have ever had a Habano cheaper than $5 each but may give a few a try just to see what I am missing. I would love to hear some feedback on what your favorites are for that quick cheap smoke whether it be for cutting the grass, fishing, or just being too broke to buy much else b/c your wife insists on sitting at home all day with the baby and living off of your income only...not that I would know anything about the latter. Let's use the price divided by the box of 25 and not the single price to be fair. What is your favorite:

Under $5?

Under $4?

Under $3? (not to much to choose from here. The Rafael Gonzalez Panetelas Extra seems like a possibility here.)

I'm probably the last person to ask because I usually smoke Churchills and DCs at $10-$15 a pop. But in the $4-$5 range I've enjoyed Punch Coronations and Petit Coronations. I've also had the Romeo No. 1 and No. 2 tubos as well as the H. Upmann Coronas Major tubos. If you want to go to $6, there's the venerable Monte No. 4.

I'm not saying any of these cigars are particularly outstanding or something to jump through hoops for, but they are good for mowing the lawn and giving away to people. :lol:

» I think monte#4's can be good, or at least in the petit tubos presentation.

Under $5

PLPC

Party Shorts

Upmann Corona Major

Under $4

Upmann Regalias

Le Hoyo Du Prince

RASCC

PL Montecarlo

Le Hoyo Du Maire

Under $3

Jose Peidre Breva

Jose Peidre Crema

I find myself enjoying the shorter sticks more these days...

I understand that this is not what you are asking, but to be honest, I'd rather smoke fewer cigars

and truly enjoy the cigars I do get to smoke, than buy cigars based on price simply to be able to

smoke more often.

Having said that, if I did want to have yardwork or fishing cigars, I might go NC - the Padron

"regular" line comes to mind. Good cigars at a very good price.

Yeap... I am 100% with Colt... Better less of a good thing than more of a mediocre one...

Having said that, I often find myself needing a quick, under 15 min, smoke... and Partagas Chicos are hard to beat: affordable, honest and flavourful Cuban ...

» For under $5 the Bolivar CJ is great

Absolutely great. I had one last night pool side and its great having that Bolivar flavor in a small package. Start to finish in 20 minutes just in time to eat and you don't have to worry about putting out a larger smoke or missing out on steak.

Dear Rogers72 I hate to inform you that it may not get any better. My wife took maturnity leave when our last baby was born and she is still on it. The kid is 13 years old.

I hate to think a cigars cost when I am smoking it. I easily foget the price of a box and never think about it again. I do understand being value conscious and hope you find the quality/price balance you are looking for.

My smaller less expensive cigars are the Partagas Shorts, SCDlH Principe, Monte #4 and ERDM Lunch Club.

Clot45:

Is on the money...I rather pay for a good Cigar, and smoke less... I alway save my Cuban's for events, or for a good ssmoke with a friend.

Cheap smokes are for fishing......working out......running......pool side...playing pool....If I have to take someone out from a remote location with a long power rifle..........;-) JK! you get the point!

Padilla has a few nice price cigars that hit the spot!

Thanks for all of the ideas. Right now, I smoke 2-3 good cigars per week on average. I have no plans of giving up those but just want to get some less expensive, smaller cigars to throw in there so I could smoke more often.

Already a lot of great options. I would buy a cab of Bolivar PC's as my main "cheapie." These are a staple to me. I also really enjoy Upmann Corona Majors, RA Small Club coronas, and pretty much all the perla sizes I find enjoyable.

And as far as...

» your wife

» insists on sitting at home all day with the baby and living off of your

» income only...

You better hope she doesn't read this forum LOL.

In all seriousness the hardest thing I ever did was be at home all day with a baby. Well right next to dropping our three month old off at day care so we both could further our "careers." So be careful what you complain about---you may be forced to do it. Or worse yet, get what you think you're wishing for.

You should see some of the day-care raised kids my girls play with now. You're lucky your wife's gonna stay home and raise your kid right.

Thanks for the encouragement! In all seriousness, i am very thankful that she has been able to stay at home with our now 10 month old. As you all know, there are just alot of sacrifices that have to be made. All well worth it though!

» Thanks for the encouragement! In all seriousness, i am very thankful that

» she has been able to stay at home with our now 10 month old. As you all

» know, there are just alot of sacrifices that have to be made. All well

» worth it though!

Greenpimp is spot on. Get a cab of the Boli PC cause those are real cigars and pack the punch in a short time.