Worst cover yet

Celine Dion's AC/DC cover an offence, says Total Guitar.

CELINE Dion is responsible for the world's worst cover version - a rendition of rockers AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long - a Total Guitar magazine poll says.

The French-Canadian chanteuse has never released the song as a single but performed what the magazine called the "offence" against music at a Las Vegas concert six years ago in a duet with Anastacia.

"The number one worst cover song - Celine Dion covering AC/DC - is sacrilege," said the magazine's editor, Stephen Lawson. "The best covers are unlikely choices and they do something radical."

Clips of Dion and Anastacia rocking are available on the Internet video-sharing website YouTube. One of the comments that doesn't use strong language read: "My poor ears."

In second place was a Sugababes and Girls Aloud version of Aerosmith and Run DMC's Walk This Way, followed by Westlife's version of Extreme's More Than Words.

Will Young's cover of The Doors' classic Light My Fire came fourth, with spoof lounge singer The Mike Flowers Pops' reworking of Wonderwall in fifth.

Jimi Hendrix's version of Bob Dylan's All Along the Watchtower was voted the best cover, followed by The Beatles' Twist and Shout, which was first recorded by The Top Notes.

Guns N' Roses' Live and Let Die (Wings); Nirvana's The Man Who Sold the World (David Bowie); Feeling Good by Muse (Anthony Newley and Leslie Bricusse) also featured in the top five.

» my immediate reaction was nothing worse than madonna butchering 'american

» pie'.

» one to ponder though.

"High 5" did a take off of the "Wiggles" classic "Hot potato". Came off cheesy and lacking depth.

» Celine Dion's AC/DC cover an offence, says Total Guitar.

»

» CELINE Dion is responsible for the world's worst cover version - a

» rendition of rockers AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long - a Total Guitar

» magazine poll says.

Damn... I'm a former AC/DC fan and yes, that clip I just watched on youtube of Celine Dion and Anastacia or whoever that was is horrible. I cant stand her voice, anyway :-D

Guest Warren

» » Celine Dion's AC/DC cover an offence, says Total Guitar.

»

» I'm not a big fan of anything she does.....

I don't like her either Colt , but you know she will Go On.

» William Shatners cover of Bowies "Rocket man" :rotfl:

»

» Ken has the Shatner album. Seriously.....he does.

here we go again with the lies, the deceit, the perfidiousness. shame, shame.

i will swear on a stack of whatever religious tome flicks your switch that i do not have shatner doing 'bowie's rocket man'.

first, it was elton john's rocket man, i believe. second, i do not have it. never have.

i do, however, have the wonderful combo album between shatner and leonard nimoy called 'spaced out'. rocket man is not on it.

there are such gems as nimoy doing 'highly illogical', i walk the line', 'sunny', 'music to watch space girls by', ruby, don't take your love to town' and many more. from shatner, 'hamlet', (that would be the musical version), 'how insenstive' (precisely), 'mr tamborine man' and more.

of course, none of this comes close to the classic cover album, 'golden throats'. as well as more nimoy and shatner, but still no rocket man, what about andy griffith doing 'house of the rising sun', mae west doing 'twist and shout', eddie albert 'blowin in the wind', sebastian cabot and 'like a rolling stone' and so much more.

but surely the winner is....

rolf harris and 'stairway to heaven' on his wobble board.