UV Light Test

Guest neuticles

Guest neuticles

Does anyone know the detals concerning the UV light test on the Cuban label? Ive purchased a number of boxes through Edited XXX Vendor (The Forum rules do not allow other Vendors to be named ). These cigars appear legit down to the t- but when i used the uv light on the label the coat of arms appeared but the serial numbers remained the same. is this a common problem or situation for known prodcut that is, in fact authentic? Its driving me NUTS trying to determine if Ive been duped. Any feedback from ANYONE would be very much appreciated. BTW Edited XXX refused my calls and emails concerning this. They also refuse to provide the name of their official habanos distributor. Either they are hard headed or have something to hide.

Guest neuticles

ALSO.... Is the cuban seal paper ALWAYS AND UNCONDITIONALLY a 'currency" feel or is a slick paper a sign that the label is phoney?

» Does anyone know the detals concerning the UV light test on the Cuban

» label? Ive purchased a number of boxes through EDITED These

» cigars appear legit down to the t- but when i used the uv light on the

» label the coat of arms appeared but the serial numbers remained the same.

» is this a common problem or situation for known prodcut that is, in fact

» authentic? Its driving me NUTS trying to determine if Ive been duped. Any

» feedback from ANYONE would be very much appreciated. BTW EDITED

» refused my calls and emails concerning this. They also refuse to provide

» the name of their official habanos distributor. Either they are hard

» headed or have something to hide.

Mate, read the forum rules, specially that one about NO supplier's names... Now, given that your supplier refuses to respond to your requests, I'd say that you've been buggered. Stiffen the upper lip mate, 'cause now you've come to safe harbour...

» Mate, read the forum rules, specially that one about NO

» supplier's names... Now, given that your supplier refuses to respond to

» your requests, I'd say that you've been buggered. Stiffen the upper lip

» mate, 'cause now you've come to safe harbour...

Also - any internet cigar retailer that claims to have Cohiba Sublimes at $500 a box you have to go "hmmmm - pass".

Take a look at their Cohiba page - every one of their cigars is way under priced and seeing those sublimes a big big red flag is waving in front of me.

A. I've seen how you carry yourself on another board, and your chances of getting any help here are slim to none if you bring the attitude here that you had there.

B. As has been pointed out, out of respect for our hosts, we don't mention other vendors' names/websites here. It's really poor form.

C. More than 90% of the time, when someone has a concern about the authenticity of his/her cigars, the concern is well founded.

Frankly, If you had done your own due dilligence, and read their "General Terms and Conditions of Use" of that web site, you would have read that they do NOT have any type of Guarantee in regards to Satisfaction.

This is a direct quote from their site: No claim will be accepted with respect to the taste, appearance or freshness of the Products.

So to answer your question once and for all, YES YOU HAVE BEEN DUBED, get over it!

I see that you have just signed up here at FOH. It is Normal proceedure to Introduce yourself to the membership and then ask questions.

I highly suggest that you READ the forum rules before you post again, as I have had to Edit your first post on this forum.

Tampa

Tampa,

Please this is the way of the newbie's. Not all newbies but a lot. I've seen this on many boards that is why I'm here and quite frankly I'm impressed by the way the membership handled this person ("person" lack of a better word) Bravo to all.

Besides haven't you heard they don't have to follow any stinking rules!!

Dave.

LOL @ Dave!!! ;-)

Here I thought I was fairly light on the new guy!

But you are right Dave, our membership was light on him and handled it correctly until one of the Forum Moderators could make the corrections that were needed to be made.

New members should take the time on any forum to read what the lay of the land and what the rules are. A Introduction of who you are, where you are from, a little about your cigar smoking experience is sort of the norm and introduces a new member to group and allows the group a opportunity to get to know a new member.

We have a great group here at FOH and we want to maintain that same type of group we have enjoyed for the past 3-4 years since this forum has come to be.

Tampa:-D

Guest neuticles

» Mate, read the forum rules, specially that one about NO

» supplier's names... Now, given that your supplier refuses to respond to

» your requests, I'd say that you've been buggered. Stiffen the upper lip

» mate, 'cause now you've come to safe harbour...

I appreciate your rules and was unaware that supplier names cannot be revealed. However, I have since learned that the cigars I bought from them are, in fact counterfeit. Sites like this should name those known pirate operations and make innocent people aware who the good merchants are and who the bad ones are. By protecting the counterfeiters you are only helping them thrive. As for me being ripped off- I have called my credit card companies and have disputed the charges and all monies should be returned. If anyone would like the name(s) of the pirate operations I dealt with please email me and I will respond promptly.

Guest neuticles

» A. I've seen how you carry yourself on another board, and your chances of

» getting any help here are slim to none if you bring the attitude here that

» you had there.

»

» B. As has been pointed out, out of respect for our hosts, we don't mention

» other vendors' names/websites here. It's really poor form.

»

» C. More than 90% of the time, when someone has a concern about the

» authenticity of his/her cigars, the concern is well founded.

Interesting. Seems you can dish it out but cant take it. FYI-When people are polite and well mannered they get the same back. When people are obnoxious heathens- they are treated like obnoxious heathens right back. Understand?

As indicated above, I was unaware of the "no vendor mention" rule. However, pirate operations who are counterfeiting product and have proven to be unethical should be exposed to help the unsuspencting

and to stop these vermin from thriving in the marketplace. Someone should gather up their courage and expose these scumballs for who they are.

Maybe that's why counterfeit product is such a lucretive business- no one has the guts to expose them.

» » A. I've seen how you carry yourself on another board, and your chances

» of

» » getting any help here are slim to none if you bring the attitude here

» that

» » you had there.

» »

» » B. As has been pointed out, out of respect for our hosts, we don't

» mention

» » other vendors' names/websites here. It's really poor form.

» »

» » C. More than 90% of the time, when someone has a concern about the

» » authenticity of his/her cigars, the concern is well founded.

»

»

» Interesting. Seems you can dish it out but cant take it. FYI-When people

» are polite and well mannered they get the same back. When people are

» obnoxious heathens- they are treated like obnoxious heathens right back.

» Understand?

»

» As indicated above, I was unaware of the "no vendor mention" rule.

» However, pirate operations who are counterfeiting product and have proven

» to be unethical should be exposed to help the unsuspencting

» and to stop these vermin from thriving in the marketplace. Someone should

» gather up their courage and expose these scumballs for who they are.

»

» Maybe that's why counterfeit product is such a lucretive business- no one

» has the guts to expose them.

not true really. I think we all have lived and learned in the past. Most here know who and whom not to trust. In time comes wisdom

» Understand?

What you've failed to understand elsewhere, and what you are perilously close to misunderstanding here, is that these boards are communities. They're more about giving than receiving - about getting to know each other, and sharing the knowledge we've been fortunate enough to attain with one another. Each has its own culture and ways in which things are done. It would behoove anyone who wants to get involved in them to get the lay of the land and learn how things are done before posting to them.

I would be very surprised if anyone who's spent any time here would toss me in the "obnoxious heathen" category for giving you a reasonably gentle warning based on my prior observation of your coming into a similar community and trying to obtain something you wanted without prior introduction or offering anything of substance in exchange.

If anyone here thinks I'm wrong, I'm sure they'll let me know.

Though it's relatively small in terms of regular contributors, this is, in my opinion, the preeminent English language Habanos internet discussion board. As such, it and it's owners deserve a great deal of respect.

As our Host has determined the rules that we follow, may I suggest that you take the time to read them and become familiar with them. I'll pass on additional comments so that the Owner of this Forum can make his determination of what he wants on his forum.

May I also suggest that you make an Introduction post and allow the membership to get to know you. Your claim that FOH members have acted as obnoxious heathens is absolutely not the case here. Your actions on other forums may be an indicator of what we may expect here at FOH. Understand that we have members here that travel on just about every cigar forum known to man, so your reputation precedes you.

I am asking you to make your introduction and lets not make a mountain out of a mole hill. Chalk up your experience with that other vendor as a learning experience.

» As indicated above, I was unaware of the "no vendor mention" rule. BTW this is No Excuse, it is your responsibility to become familiar with the rules of a forum before posting.

Tampa

If exposing these scumballs is what you like to do then you should establish your own web site and do this. But you better make sure that they are dealing with fakes because accusing someone or someplace of selling fakes can lead to a huge problem if they are not fakes. You will never know. This is one of the main reasons not posting vendors/dealers/whomever on these boards.

Web sites such as this one are filled with a wealth of information for the newbie's and for those who want to learn and become friends with people from around the world.

If you had taken the time to read the rules of this forum which is the 8th message from the top (no hunting required) you had read the very first line which states “No mentioning of sources or prices. This can always be done through internal e-mail between members which the forum supports.” You have known the rules but you didn’t take the time to read anything except how to post your problem.

The way you would get a source from one of us is by becoming a friend of ours and sooner or later that source would be given via a private email.

Last piece of advise to you, read and learn and if you don’t understand ask and have fun.

Guest neuticles

If you would simply take the time to seek it out you will find that a profile has been posted and you are encouraged to email should you have question, comments or concerns.

I certainly hope that my reputation does precede me because those that know me consider me a very generous, likable and creative person. Those that wish to be obnixious twits are treated as such.

» As our Host has determined the rules that we follow, may I suggest that you

» take the time to read them and become familiar with them. I'll pass on

» additional comments so that the Owner of this Forum can make his

» determination of what he wants on his forum.

»

» May I also suggest that you make an Introduction post and allow the

» membership to get to know you. Your claim that FOH members have acted as

» obnoxious heathens is absolutely not the case here. Your actions on other

» forums may be an indicator of what we may expect here at FOH. Understand

» that we have members here that travel on just about every cigar forum

» known to man, so your reputation precedes you.

»

» I am asking you to make your introduction and lets not make a mountain out

» of a mole hill. Chalk up your experience with that other vendor as a

» learning experience.

»

»

» » As indicated above, I was unaware of the "no vendor mention"

» rule. BTW this is No Excuse, it is your responsibility to become

» familiar with the rules of a forum before posting.

»

» Tampa

You go away for a few days and all goes to hell :lol:

Couple of points.

Neuticles you haven't endeared yourself. First post hand grenades breaking forum rules which are there for a reason is a piss poor start.

If it was the role of this forum to expose fake peddlers nothing else would be spoken about. Every new poster would put up a " hey does anyone know if ****** sells fakes" thread. Worse, good vendors would be trashed because some ignoramus finds bands on a Juan Lopez seleccion no 2 and Cigar nexus shows it without bands :no:

We have made clear some companies sell fakes. Solo comes to mind.

This forum belongs to all but the legal responsibility lies with me. Lets assume you call out XXXX vendor or link to a site that does.

XXXX vendor may or may not sell fakes but he has the right to challenge me legally in court under Australian law. The "internet" is no protection here. Defamation is a serious charge and being "right" can take $100K and 2 years to defend.

No one really knows who you are behing your handle. My details are but a click away as is my address.

Everyone here provides advice as to how to purchase legitimate cigars...the long tested rules of assessing vendors etc. We just do it in a different way. Take the time to get to know the great people here and you will have plenty of solid advice.

Finally, Any agression toward you on this thread was responding to the equivalent of a stranger coming into your house jumping on the couch and putting his boots on the coffee table.

Take your feet off the table. Respect your hosts rules and the people he calls his mates (tigger).

Lets start again or agree to disagree and go our seperate ways.

» Take your feet off the table. Respect your hosts rules and the people he

» calls his mates (tigger).

»

» Lets start again or agree to disagree and go our seperate ways.

Eloquently spoken Prez.