Aruba La Casa Del Habano

I am headed to Aruba this Sunday and plan on purchasing some cigars for the week. I know the place to go is the LCDH in the mall but has anyone ever been there? Do they have a place to smoke in the store? Prices? Anyone know where the mall is in relation to the Marriott Surf Club?

-Patrick

Patrick,

I have not been to the LCDH in Aruba before, yet I understand this is the following correct information:

Zone : Caribbean

City : Oranjestaad

Address : Royal Plaza Mall L.G Smith Blvd No.94 Oranjestad, Aruba

Phone : 297 83 8509

Fax : 297 88 9611

EMail : [email protected]

Best of luck, but at least you have the correct contact info.

Tampa

Its VERY small.WOuld say like less than 300 square feet. And yes they are expensive. Was their a litle over a year ago and picked up some RYJ Petite Pyramids at $22 each. But you do get a nice Habanos cardboard box.

Also very funny to see all these people buying cigars on the streets. They fall for anything.

It pays to be educated

-Patrick

I was there last week. You are staying in the high rise area. The LCDH is in downtown. About a 10 min taxi ride. Not that great of a LCDH. I have seen much nicer. Expensive, yes, but I guess one always must check out any LCDH when one is close.

» How's the selection? Do they have all the brands?

Nope, not really. Very limitd selecion. When I was there, lots of Cohibas, Hoya DCs,New San Cristabol etc. The owner is very nice. He will oviously see how enthused you are and help you look for what you need.

Found a box of 96 Hoys DCs and 98 JL #1 when I was there. Behind stacks of boxes of cigars , covered in dust.

I am here now and headed to the LCDH this evening. I have seen many fakes already including in the hotel and on the streets. I asked the cabi on the way from the airport to the hotel here the LCDH is and he told me I could get better quality at his friends place down the street from my hotel. So I got directions and told him I would check it out. HAHAHAH!

-Patrick

p.s. GO LAKERS!!!!!

Just got back and I got 5 cigars:

PSD4

Monte #2 (for my brother)

VR Unico

HdM Regalos LE 2007

Trinidad Robusto Extra

I wish I had a place like that in my hood.

-Patrick