Johnny-O! Robusto

Hot as hades outside, reaching near 95F on the gauge. Not so bad in the shade with the breeze blowing. Smoke this evening? A gorgeous dark brown, sticky, oily, Johnny-O! robusto! Heavy in the hand with a strong barnyard smell. Wrapper’s a little rough with a bit of give when squeezed. Head punched, pre-draw was a bit tight due to a tight roll right at the tip of the head. Taste is of strong, fresh tobacco. Torched, fire is put to the foot. First draw is medium bodied with loads of earthy leather, touch of cedar, delicious sweet, creamy cocoa. I mean loads of creamy, chocolatey cocoa. Sweet and delicious. Dark caramel with nougat and roasted nuts. Oh this thing is just a Snickers bar in disguise! It was quite consistent throughout with the chocolate/cocoa sweetness. Great burn, with the ash falling at the halfway mark. Towards the end it heated up quite a bit, mostly due to me drawing a little too hard I think. If this cigar is this good now with it being so freshly rolled, I can’t WAIT for the rest to get some age! Guess I’ll have to wait though…have to….wait….HAVE TO WAIT!! :laugh:

06-05-08Imported012.jpg

06-05-08Imported015.jpg

06-05-08Imported016.jpg

06-05-08Imported019.jpg

06-05-08Imported021.jpg

06-05-08Imported022.jpg

06-05-08Imported023.jpg

06-05-08Imported024.jpg

06-05-08Imported027.jpg

06-05-08Imported028.jpg

06-05-08Imported041.jpg

06-05-08Imported044.jpg

06-05-08Imported045.jpg

Nice review, and a great cigar. I have a few of the toro's and love what I have sampled so far. I'm keeping a close eye out for more of these.

Hey Prez, I'll make sure you have the opportunity to sample one next time you come to the States.

» At the risk of soundong feeble minded...Who/what is it ? :lookaround:

These are custom rolled. They have been known to pop up for sale on some of the cigar forums. Highly recommended.:yes:

Nice review, yet I have not heard of these custom rolled before. The photo's are great!

Was this cigar over humidified? I ask because the ash is flakey. Either that or just very young. I notice a much different ash texture in a well aged cigar.

» Been asking Jonny for some time if he is ever gettin any more Robustos .

» Ust to hace 3 bundles of differant sizes at all times.

»

» Now yesturday , i smoked my last Sublime.

yummmm, I am still waiting on him giving the word that he has some more of the very fantastic pigtailed robusto extras. Those are so tasty. :)

Don

Was this cigar over humidified?

It was actually still quite young. Very sticky, oily, and ooohhh so good! :D

» yummmm, I am still waiting on him giving the word that he has some more of

» the very fantastic pigtailed robusto extras. Those are so tasty. :)

»

» Don

Don! Guess what!

:-P