Whole coffee beans

» So where are all you coffee conisuers buying your already roasted whole

» beans these days? What is your favorite? And what price do you pay per lb.

If you're in the U.S., I highly recommend Boca Java coffee. It's probably the freshest coffee you'll ever have because the beans aren't roasted until you order them. They have a variety of flavors and styles and I think they are pretty reasonably priced. Also, they've donated some 5 million cups of coffee to our troops. Since Prez hasn't gotten into the coffee business yet, I hope he doesn't mind me giving a link to the company: www.bocajava.com.

Guest Warren

Since Prez hasn't gotten into the coffee business

» yet, I hope he doesn't mind me giving a link to the company:

» www.bocajava.com.

He is however very good friends with one of the best coffee suppliers in Australia.

Dean Merlo .

I am really into coffee, and before I bought whole beans, never went into roasting (you can never control the process as they do in the industry, this is no flaming of you who do, the roasting process can add "mental" parts, you know you made everything, I have big respect for people who do, but the same thing not many of us role our own cigars...) but I bought whole beans, and used a manual expresso machine. Now

I have surrendered and using nesspresso, yes, its more expensive, but I have always fresh coffee and right now I got 12 different kinds at home... and the coffee is always fresh, they are not exposed to air before the water hits them...

cheers

I seem to be talking more coffee than cigars around here but I couldn't leave this thread unanswered.

As far as sources in the us I dont really know, but I'd check out sweetmarias.com, as for info especially on espresso go to coffeegeek.com, I havent been on there in quite awhile but I got loads of info from there back in the days.

I roast my own green beans for both french press and espresso and would tend to agree with sandholm that most homeroasters are not good enough compared to a good micro roaster. However the Hottop and Cafe gene do job and with the gene you are in complete control...

home roasters aside the most important thing when it comes to the flavor of coffee is the freshness, first the freshness of the grind (a home grinder is the first and greatest step in improving your coffee experience) secondly the freshness of the roast (It is claimed that up to 50 % of the aromatic oils are vaporized after ten days after the roast)

right now I am enjoying harrar, java/mocca blends, and yirgacheffe, but there is a world of flavor out there so get to tasting and find your own favourites...

In the US you can order some outstanding fresh roasted beans from [link]www.cactuscreekcoffee.com [/link] great people, great coffee that is roasted upon order and shipped that day all for around 9 bucks a pound...and to top if off the owner is a Veteran and donates coffee to the troops on regular basis...

For those in Australia try http://www.merlo.com.au/home.htm

I find it to be the best fresh roast coffee in this country.

Now

» I have surrendered and using nesspresso, yes, its more expensive, but I

» have always fresh coffee and right now I got 12 different kinds at home...

» and the coffee is always fresh, they are not exposed to air before the

» water hits them...

»

» cheers

Another Nespresso fan here.

I like being able to have my first coffee of the day within two minutes of waking up.

At my time of life, I'm all for making it as simple as possible.

» Another Nespresso fan here.

» I like being able to have my first coffee of the day within two minutes of

» waking up.

» At my time of life, I'm all for making it as simple as possible.

Ditto. I also bought the Aeroccino with my Nespresso machine so I don't have to bother with the steam frother. It's great to have multiple choices that are always fresh.

» Ditto. I also bought the Aeroccino with my Nespresso machine so I don't

» have to bother with the steam frother. It's great to have multiple choices

» that are always fresh.

cool, I have been looking at that one. If you compair the steam frother and the aeroccino, do you get the same foam from it as you would get from the frother. How is it to clean?

cheers

»Coffee Wholsale USA in Texas. You can try the many organic varietals and they roast post order. They have coffees from Central and South America, Africa and Indonesia. I have tried almost all and prefer the Guatemalan Antigua.

Although, I also think my local COSTCO has some pretty good "Green Bag" coffee as well.

» How is it to clean?

Easy, just don't do like idiot me and have a momentary blank and dunk it in the washing up water. The motor didn't work for a week, so I bought a new one...then started to work again!

The froth is really good. I like the fact that you can put it onto two settings: frothing or just milk warming for flat whites.

Cheers,

George

Here in the NW US we're blessed with an abundance of small roasters, most of which put the roasted date on the bag so you know what you're getting.

Too much great espresso! The guy behind the counter actually told me this week to cut back or my kidneys will give out! :-P

I buy green beans from Sweet Marias and roast them in a Poppery II. The best way to have total control over my coffee. Do we have any other comtrol freaks on this board?;-) I even went out and bought a Mazzer Mini after hearing a few testimonials.

» cool, I have been looking at that one. If you compair the steam frother

» and the aeroccino, do you get the same foam from it as you would get from

» the frother. How is it to clean?

Very easy to clean, just rinse and wipe clean. Comes with 2 spinning attachments for froth or warming.

Oddly enough, I've found that certain brands of milk just won't froth whether you use the Aeroccino or steam frother. Anyone else have this problem?

» » So where are all you coffee conisuers buying your already roasted whole

» » beans these days? What is your favorite? And what price do you pay per

» lb.

»

» If you're in the U.S., I highly recommend Boca Java coffee. It's probably

» the freshest coffee you'll ever have because the beans aren't roasted until

» you order them. They have a variety of flavors and styles and I think they

» are pretty reasonably priced. Also, they've donated some 5 million cups of

» coffee to our troops. Since Prez hasn't gotten into the coffee business

» yet, I hope he doesn't mind me giving a link to the company:

» www.bocajava.com.

First let me thank everyone that responded! I really appreaciate your scources.

Second ... Bocajava sent me an email for 4 8oz. pre-selected beans for $7.95. I think it's a cool deal. Although it's not regional coffee's, it's a inexpensive way to taste something they sell. Thanks for the heads up HC7.