How are the Edmundos?

I haven't had one in more than two years, although I still have one or two in the singles tray.

I really wanted to like this cigar, but none that I have tried have been that good. Yes, they had a recognizable Monte flavor profile, but they lacked the qualities that I find in a good Monte 2: strength, depth of flavor, and some pepper spice.

Still, I might buy a box if I can be persuaded that a particular time period is exceptionally good.

» I was going to get a few to try and wanted to see what everybody thought

» about them. I appreciate any input.

»

» Chris

Chris my experience differs to others posted here. I didn't find that the early Edmundo's had the depth of flavour I was looking for. This changed in 06 and I find them today to have a fuller profile. I haven't had a Tubo as yet.

I have had three so far from January 06 and I found them all to be quite bland and the construction was a little off as well. There were some hints of that classic Monte cedary/woodsy flavor but just not much of anything.

Smoked a few when first released & found them under filled & devoid of flavor. Haven't bothered to buy any since, especially since the regular #1s thru #4s have been so good in 06 & 07.

» Smoked a few when first released & found them under filled & devoid of

» flavor. Haven't bothered to buy any since, especially since the regular

» #1s thru #4s have been so good in 06 & 07.

I had two boxes of POS ENE 06 Edmundos that were very underfilled.

» » I was going to get a few to try and wanted to see what everybody thought

» » about them. I appreciate any input.

» »

» » Chris

»

» Chris my experience differs to others posted here. I didn't find that the

» early Edmundo's had the depth of flavour I was looking for. This changed

» in 06 and I find them today to have a fuller profile. I haven't had a Tubo

» as yet.

Prez, on another forum there were pictures posted of Edmundos being cut down to the Petit Edmundo length since there was an apparent shortage of the the PE. Have you seen or heard of this?

» Prez, on another forum there were pictures posted of Edmundos being cut

» down to the Petit Edmundo length since there was an apparent shortage of

» the the PE. Have you seen or heard of this?

No I never have. Would love to see the photo's. Which factory ...Partagas?....would lay a few dollars down it was :lol:

I bought a few of the 3-packs in early '07 so I assume they were probably '06 production. The first couple I smoked had very tight draws but after letting them sit for a year they are smoking really well now. The last two I had were really nice cigars and I have been considering picking up a box myself. I really like the size.

I tried the Edmundo's when they first came out a couple of years ago (or so), and the ones I tried were very underfilled. Flavor was bland. I gave up on them, then finally tried them again in mid '07, and the change was dramatic. Perfect draw, loads of flavor, a definite great cigar.